The Gaming Thread

So aside from playing Witcher 3 I've been bigtime into DiRT Rally. It's MUCH more sim than the garbage past DiRT titles, great narrow stages too. If you have a wheel/pedal set and are interested in rally racing def get it! Fuckin awesome.

Oh, I made this video for it. Codemasters liked it and posted it on their Twitter and game development blog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video, there was a bit too much slow motion going on there considering the length of the video, but it is still nicely edited. I like the song too.

My uncle was seriously into online racing games and racing sims. The guy basically built a race car cockpit attached to a TV/computer just to play them. I never got into it too much but it was pretty awesome.

Yeah, it's all slow motion. It was meant to show off the physics and effects and such you don't catch at full speed. I think sim racing stuff looks cool in slo mo anyways. ;)

Yeah I've been into sim racing for over a decade. At one point I had a cockpit, triple screen setup with high end wheel/pedals/shifters and all. Ended up selling it a few years ago cause I got burnt out, but got back into it when this released. I just can't get into circuit racing anymore, nothing compares to rally for me and there hasn't been a new WRC sim since 2004 so I had to break out the old wheel.

Here's an video of the ole' setup :Smokin:

That is almost exactly the same thing my uncle has. His was more enclosed I think (I can't quite tell from your vid), and he built a really cheesy exterior for it so it was kind of like an old-school arcade game. The last time I saw his setup was a long time ago, before multiple monitors were common, so he only had one really big "high-end" TV screen that was retardedly expensive at the time. I know he rocked a triple display afterwards but he got tired of racing sims as well.

Well, while Arkham Asylum sucked, Arkham City was pretty good game, they improved everything that was bad in the 1st game, rare nowadays. May even preorder Arkham Knight.
Also, Harley may become my new waifu :3 Mourning Harley was so cute <3

I wasted my entire weekend playing HOMM3 again. :lol:. It just takes too damn long to finish a single scenario, before I know it several hours have gone by.

Playing this does make me curious about the later entries. You seem to dislike them the higher the number but I lack the nostalgia, I wonder how I would like the later games considering how addictive 3 is.

I'm really psyched about it too. Considering they completely scrapped the original Doom 4 for quality reasons, I'm hoping for something pretty awesome.

I got the GOG version almost as soon as it came out, and it is the Complete version with all the expansions included. It was an impulse buy since I occasionally hear people sing its praises, but I don't regret buying it at all. It took me a long time to finally play it but I got hooked in as soon as I took some time to get into it. It's old school as hell and I like it.

The tutorial is actually the worst way to learn how to play the game. I was left more confused about the mechanics because the tutorial just throws everything at you at once with no pacing, and there is absolutely no explanation on how things work or how to progress. They just stick you with a bunch of uber powerful units mixed with weak ones and say "here, start clicking things", and dig here for no reason. Nevermind how you get to that point. :lol:

I learned by jumping into a campaign and making a few retarded choices. Fuck you Eagle eye.

I'm really psyched about it too. Considering they completely scrapped the original Doom 4 for quality reasons, I'm hoping for something pretty awesome.

As a Quake-nerd Im hoping for a worthy successor to Quake Live to revive the mp-community of clean and fast pased FPS, but some people who saw the "demo" at last years QuakeCon said it is still slow compared to Q3/QL.
I hope they are wrong.

Playing this does make me curious about the later entries. You seem to dislike them the higher the number but I lack the nostalgia, I wonder how I would like the later games considering how addictive 3 is.

well, the last two (three if you count homm7 which is being released this autumn) is by ubisoft, so that should explain to you why i don't like them as much :lol:

i really like 4, but that is kind of the "black sheep" of the series, and the last one released by 3do before they filed for bankruptcy. it's very different in many aspects, but i think it did very well in redefining the series and i think most fans where just too negative when it came out to give it a real shot. with that said; there are a lot of balance issues in that game since they didn't get the time to patch it properly after release.

5 is very similar to 3 and is actually quite good if you get both expansions, so you can try that one as well if you want to

I learned by jumping into a campaign and making a few retarded choices. Fuck you Eagle eye.

heroes 3 in a nutshell :lol: + navigation in maps without water. like, why.

yeah i dont know why i want the remaster so much, i should just get the gog one and be done with it :lol:

you want it because it's NEWER AND MOAR SHINY ;) i haven't tried it personally, but from what i've read it's a waste of money, and the expansions and a lot (random map generator, a new town, new artifacts, more maps etc etc), so it's definitely more worth getting the GOG one. it's cheaper too!

Doom 4 AND Fallout 4 both looking fan-fucking-tastic?? Bethesda just won E3.

Bethesda is finally figuring out how to use more fluid animation in their giant worlds. I remember being a bit disappointed that even with a new engine Skyrim was still pretty clunky, even if it was a step up from Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Switching over to an in-house engine is starting to pay off.