The Gaming Thread

My face when Nintendo announced new Fire Emblem:
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Face after its being mixed with Persona:
I didnt make any face, i was just swearing. Fucking ching chongs.

@edit

Okay, worst Nintendo conference ever. Nothing interesting + ruining one of the best game series ever.

FINAL FANTASY SEV-AHHHHHHH-NNNNNNN!!!!11!

Just like that Square almost stole everyone's thunder. I might buy a Square product for the first time since FF9, their last truly great game.

Fuck yeah man, FF7 is probably my favorite game of all time. It was my first RPG when I was a young teenager and it friggen blew me away. I must have played through it 10 times back then, I am super excited about this remake.

I just hope they leave the combat pretty much the same, I'm so sick of action RPG's nowadays, leave it turn based!!

Oh, and guess what I just found out... Killing Floor 2 is out on early access!! If you get it add me on Steam and lets create some fucking carnage!

Steam id: grieverr

It did not look like Q3, Quake MP is about strafejumping and speed, this looked more like UT with awkward movement and doublejumps.

UT had awkward movement?? Are you serious right now? Or did I misunderstand what you meant? Basically every Unreal game has insanely great control. Part of what makes the series so great is how fluid the combat and control are (along with better weapons). It's not quite as fast as Q3, but Q3 feels like you are skating around most of the time. I think that floaty slip and slide control is one of the reasons Q3 ended up eating UT's dust.

I loved Quake 1 and Quake 3 (2... No), but to call UT awkward in comparison doesn't make sense.

Fuck yeah man, FF7 is probably my favorite game of all time. It was my first RPG when I was a young teenager and it friggen blew me away. I must have played through it 10 times back then, I am super excited about this remake.

I just hope they leave the combat pretty much the same, I'm so sick of action RPG's nowadays, leave it turn based!!

My biggest worry is that they will bastardize the combat system into the FF12 style, auto party members, action hybrid. I think the biggest reason I stopped playing JRPG's is because of the route combat took. I know it makes less sense but I like my turned based, full control, organized combat in a JRPG.

If they try to spiff it up and have me running around in third person while my party is delegated to AI assigned roles I simply won't be playing it. That probably sounds picky but it will ruin the experience for me completely. I do not like that style of combat, not even a little. Square gets half the love they used to get, so I'm hoping they realize changing the foundations of a widely loved masterpiece to suit their newer crappier games would be a bad idea.

Anything else goes though, I'm cool with them switching things up to make more sense in a realistic context and changing some dialogue as long as the story stays intact.

Wanted to buy Shenmue for dreamcast since now I own one and there will be shenmue 3 in the future...

Well, prices skyrocketed like there is no tommorrow, looks like i wasnt the only one with this idea :(

UT had awkward movement?? Are you serious right now? Or did I misunderstand what you meant? Basically every Unreal game has insanely great control. Part of what makes the series so great is how fluid the combat and control are (along with better weapons). It's not quite as fast as Q3, but Q3 feels like you are skating around most of the time. I think that floaty slip and slide control is one of the reasons Q3 ended up eating UT's dust.

I loved Quake 1 and Quake 3 (2... No), but to call UT awkward in comparison doesn't make sense.

I was talking about UT2003, IIRC it had double jumps and sidejumps etc? That compined with the weapons imo made it really awkward, wobbly and random, I never got used to it, its obviously a matter of taste. I have never played any newer UT-games.

LNFc0Dt.jpg

Advanced boobs physics, your move Fallout 4.

It's not quite as fast as Q3, but Q3 feels like you are skating around most of the time. I think that floaty slip and slide control is one of the reasons Q3 ended up eating UT's dust.

In what fucking world does any UT version compare with Quake 1 or 3? Quake 3 is still being played today (QL) while UT has been in the grave for half a decade now.

Also, the "floaty" control is one of the most loved game mechanics of Quake. Tremendously raises the skill ceiling and what you can do with it.

You guys must have missed my post... KILLING FLOOR 2 IS OUT!!

Death metal playing while you destroy hordes of demons with the most in depth gore system since Soldier of Fortune... I think people in this forum should like that type of game.

Get it and let's play!

Last edited by a moderator:
In what fucking world does any UT version compare with Quake 1 or 3? Quake 3 is still being played today (QL) while UT has been in the grave for half a decade now.

Also, the "floaty" control is one of the most loved game mechanics of Quake. Tremendously raises the skill ceiling and what you can do with it.

People still play UT games as well. Both communities are kicking in their own ways. As for the eating UT dust part, Unreal Tournament franchise buried Quake right out of the gate. There are still people playing sure (both games) but at release time Quake 3 was outmatched and never took the arena shooter throne back even if there is a nostalgic community still setting up servers. Later on both got left behind by bigger things, especially since UT3 was shit. I don't say that with hate towards Quake, I liked both series and Quake 1 was one of my first multiplayer obsessions.

Quake 3 controls are responsive as hell but there is no sense of feedback. You feel like a ghost speeding around and while there is plenty of mayhem to be had I prefer the more grounded style of Unreal games. And I love strafe dodging and double jumps, it adds an extra layer of complexity, unpredictability and how you fight and react during combat rather than just circle strafing.

As was said, it comes down to preference there. These days I just play Doom :). The sliding controls work best there.

Death metal playing while you destroy hordes of demons with the most in depth gore system since Soldier of Fortune... I think people in this forum should like that type of game.

Get it and let's play!

I have never played Killing Floor. I only remember it being mentioned here because Six Feet of Foreplay was on the soundtrack. Maybe I will check it though

Last edited by a moderator:
UT might have had and have a strong community but did any of the UT-games ever really challange Q3/QL in competetive duel? Looking at the history of CPL and ESWC UT is pretty absent compared to Quake. Many of the Quake Pro's are still going... Cooller, Zero4, Rapha, Cypher, Evil, Toxic, Dahang etc etc they are all practicing every day for QuakeCon 2015. Fatality switched to UT but came back to Quake after a few years iirc, hes playing CS now tho.

Its sad that Duel FPS have been lost in Cyber Sports.

Get it and let's play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTATBUhD8tE

ill get it on sale. the fact that it only had a couple levels turned me off initially. other than that it looks amazing

Finished 3 episodes and can confirm, LiS is amazing. I feel like i can already predict the ending, but i might as well be completely wrong. Cant wait to find out.