The Gaming Thread

maek no sense

but srsly, if you like a combo of rayman and zelda then this is definitely for you (i've never played metroid or castlevania, but it's supposed to be the same genre i guess)

You have never played Metroid or Castlevania?? This is blasphemous. Go play Super Metroid and/or Symphony of the Night nau!

Ill give it a try when its on sale, not feeling like paying 20 euro for a platforming game atm.
I mean, I could, but id rather buy some retro stuff :3

And yes, Symphony of the Night is the shit. But also one of the most expensive title on ps1, luckly I got mine copy in perfect condition for 20 bucks :) I dont see it going cheeper that 120$ now

Epsxe + SOTN iso is all I need. Not paying nostalgia prices.

That said I never played it until a few years ago and as a new player SOTN aged amazingly. Such a great game. Super Metroid is also timeless, can't see it ever being outdated.

NTSC is cheaper, but still expensive But im a hoarder and collector so I avoid playing on emulators unless there is no other way. Not gonna pay 1000$ for Flinstones NES, a game you can finish in half hour :D

Castlevania 1 and 3, Metroid, Mario 1 and 3, Contra, Batman, Adventure Island 2 and 3, Zelda, Big Nose. just some good games that must be played.

Ill give it a try when its on sale, not feeling like paying 20 euro for a platforming game atm.
I mean, I could, but id rather buy some retro stuff :3

i bought it on 40% sale a couple of weeks ago :3

oh man you did miss out. consoles are very "who cares?" now but bitd consoles were amazing

yeah, i felt consoles served a purpose back then. nowadays i don't understand why you would rather play a game on console than on pc. can anyone think of a reason? :p i have of course played a lot of old console games as well, borrowed friends' N64s etc :D

anyway, i'm at the very end of the game now and i can safely say this is a 9/10 game for me. the only gripe i have about it atm is that i cannot seem to re-enter one of the dungeons, i have like 2% left of the map to explore and i cannot go back there, i hate it when they do stuff like that :(

yeah, i felt consoles served a purpose back then. nowadays i don't understand why you would rather play a game on console than on pc. can anyone think of a reason?

Consoles have nothing over PC in terms of performance - and the hardware is always outdated very fast. The only reason I can think of is if you want to have friends over. You can't really play multiplayer games on PC anymore, but on consoles it's easier. I still don't get why people buy so many consoles... It's something like a 50/50 split between the PC and console gaming market

I can understand playing on consoles. I mean, the games are fucking easier so for some apes console gaming is better alternative.
What i cant understand - playing games on phones. Thats a whole new level of being retarded and handicapped. When i think how much money someone makes from this bullshit they call a game on smartphone it gives me cancer.
Why yes, I will pay you 10 dollars for completing this level for me, also take another 15 $ for a p2w hero I need to beat the game.

Looking into Ori and the Blind Forest now. "Metroidvania" style games are my favourite 2D platformers hands down, and although I've yet to play a game that surpasses Super Metoid or SOTN, even an average game in that genre is better than most games.

I played Rogue Legacy for many hours and it's basically just a retarded, hard as fuck Metroid-lite game. It's pretty entertaining though if you catch it on sale for cheap. Every time your character dies the Castle map randomizes and resets and you have to pick an heir/successor to try again, and you only get to keep the gold you got last round to buy upgrades at the shop. After you die you get to pick from 3 random Heirs, and each have random traits so you could have a guy that's color blind and a midget trying to conquer the castle :lol:.

And the golden age of console gaming died right around the PS2 era when console games lost their unique style and basically just became downgraded PC games.

Edit : Watched a gameplay video of Ori and the Blind Forest. Getting it right now, totally sold on it.

And the golden age of console gaming died right around the PS2 era when console games lost their unique style and basically just became downgraded PC games.

Pretty much this. Besides few exclusives consoles are not really worth getting. I myself bought ps4 only for mgs v and Silent Hills. Well, tough luck, MGS V is not exclussive and SH is cancelled
Konami be like :fu:

Oh well, at least now i have a blu ray player :lol:

This just happened. I dont even. Good thing my voice wasnt being recorded because i was screeching not laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consoles have nothing over PC in terms of performance - and the hardware is always outdated very fast. The only reason I can think of is if you want to have friends over. You can't really play multiplayer games on PC anymore, but on consoles it's easier. I still don't get why people buy so many consoles... It's something like a 50/50 split between the PC and console gaming market

bah, just connect the pc to the tv instead of the computer monitor and get some controllers really. i play some N64 games with an xbox controller on my pc, works better than on an actual N64 :lol:

What i cant understand - playing games on phones.

+1

Looking into Ori and the Blind Forest now. "Metroidvania" style games are my favourite 2D platformers hands down, and although I've yet to play a game that surpasses Super Metoid or SOTN, even an average game in that genre is better than most games.

Edit : Watched a gameplay video of Ori and the Blind Forest. Getting it right now, totally sold on it.

awesome! tell me what you think when you've played it :)

i recently started playing braid as well, really fucked up game. i have no idea what i'm doing half of the time