The Gaming Thread

Yup I have had 4-player split screen games of Mario Kart 64 and Perfect Dark by doing exactly that. Emulation plus usb controllers for the win.

Wait I just saw X-Box controller prompts.... Are you seriously using a controller for an FPS game on a PC??!! Dude!! Keyboard and Mouse! You have the ability to aim and move faster and with more precision now! PC shooters are going to kill you if you venture outside the console ported games. :lol:

I didn't find Crysis 3 to be much of a GPU killer. My PC is getting a bit old and I can almost max out everything and still hit high FPS. If you truly want to test your PC you need to benchmark Metro: Last Light, it's a beast of a game and will push your rig way more than any game I can think of at the moment. Far Cry 4 is pretty hefty too on max settings (and more worth buying if you won't pirate a game for the sake of doing a benchmark :p).

Both of those games pushed my system past its limits and forced me to turn down settings. Even the first Metro game (Metro 2033) can crush an unworthy PC and it's an older game.

Oh Dying Light is pretty brutal on your PC too, I forgot I had to turn down quite a few settings on that one. Not sure how it compared to Metro Last Light since they were released pretty far apart but those two are both capable of dropping your FPS very fast.

It's awesome you got a sweet gaming PC :kickass:.

Here is the GPU information
Video Card AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Manufacturer ATI
Chipset AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Dedicated Memory 4.1 GB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 1002
Device ID 67B1
Plug and Play ID VEN_1002&DEV_67B1&SUBSYS_E289174B&REV_00
Driver Version 15.200.1046.0

Wait I just saw X-Box controller prompts.... Are you seriously using a controller for an FPS game on a PC??!!

This is an outrage, we need reverse gif of this:

VMYnyxK.gif

wtb Big_Boss_dissaproves.gif asap 1 k gold

get a logitech mx-518, i use that one :) it's not very complex, the only extra buttons is back and forward buttons on the side and it's very comfy. a good mouse and keyboard is key to pc gaming, but you don't necessarily need the most expensive and brutal gaming stuff really, just pick what feels best to you.

im using an old gigabyte. bought on sale for like 20$ and has lasted me like 5 years lol.

it has two extra buttons which i generally use for melee attacks or weapon swapping (no one heals faster than me in battlefield)

I am still using the Deathadder I bought 2 PC's ago. Before that I went with Logitech and they were on par depending on your personal taste. As long as you have the two side thumb buttons any decent mouse is good for gaming. The side buttons are great for reload or quick melee attacks.

Dark Souls is definitely better with a controller. It is not *required* but at the same time it kind of is if you want to enjoy the experience.