The Gaming Thread

With the direction blizzard is taking Warcraft 23 would be just a lottery spawning random units attacking in random directions, random targets on random map.

Yes, im talking about lack of any balance in RNGStone, "best card game ever". Why balance cards when you can give "random" wording, not give a fuck and fanboys will still love you and throw money at you?

Black & White 2 :/

Man, B&W is one of my fav games ever, and BW 2 was so dissapointing... Maybe it wasnt bad, but i sure had high expectations

As much as i despise polish dub it was done amazing in BW, especially the "satan and god". Screw it, installing it again :) Would enjoy hd remake so much

Black & White 2 :/

Man, B&W is one of my fav games ever, and BW 2 was so dissapointing... Maybe it wasnt bad, but i sure had high expectations

I had the same reaction the first time I played it. In retrospect it really is a much better game than B&W1, and it has aged a hell of a lot better. B&W 1 is actually kind of bad when you play it now, and B&W 2 is still quite a lot of fun and very playable.

The reason I was kind of disappointed when it was released is because I was hoping for a much larger scale game with bigger improvements. B&W2 added decent armies, a much, much better town and building system and updated the graphics, but other than that it wasn't the sequel a lot of people were hoping for. It actually cut a lot of stuff out instead of expanding on it, but it did improve on everything that was kept.

A lot of really cool spells from B&W1 were not in it, and your Creature's size and age are locked with the opponent so there is no more point to grinding and making your Creature a badass of destruction, because the Opponent's creature will be set up to match yours at the beginning of each level. No more stomping their puny 10M creature with a 50m behemoth.

Still, with the initial disappointment long past you cannot compare the two games, B&W2 is simply a much better game. Building a town si so much more satisfying and the upgraded destruction helps a lot too.

Still... I miss training my creature to conquer all other creatures. Level scaling was lame back then and it is now.

Well, I dont agree, I played BW 3 years ago and still enjoyed the hell out of it. I wasnt looking for army managment in BW game so i dont care about that in BW 2. I want to bond with my creature, protect my people and try to create a peaceful realm :3

Nobody creates a peaceful realm. You throw children over mountains, and teach your creature to poop in the food supply, and you know it!! :lol:

But yeah I never used the armies much, I used my creature and awesome rock throwing skillz mostly. The town building is infinitely better though.

I wasnt evil, I was just douchebag!
When I had to go to another realms i wasted hours to transport every people through the portal. I cared about them that much :(

Maybe I will give BW 2 a try again in the future. But im still thankful for the awesome memories from BW that wasnt shattered when i replayed it.

Quiet be like
"notice me senpai, i killed everyone"

AZ7Zgcv.png

I did a long time ago. I used to have a bunch of Playstation demo compilations and a few for PC as well. The first time I played Doom was due to the shareware being on a demo CD called "Imagination Station" which I (no joke) found on the ground outside a Truck Stop. It turned out to be my favourite game for like 10 years, best random find ever :lol:.

I still have my original Diablo 2 stress-test Beta somewhere as well. Totally different game.

My parents got rid of my demo CDs for playstation. But i still have like 5 kg of CDs with full version of games on PC from various magazines.