The Gaming Thread

Im almost ready to rate new MGS, but it wont be a good score. So far I can tell that its very good stealth action game, but pretty bad Metal Gear. Maybe the last missions will change that.

In the meantime, MGS on easy is like walk in the park. Enemies are blind, you have good weapon and buddies to help.

I turned on extreme mode. No weapons, everything needs to be found on field, no reflex mode, no buddies.
I startled a goat 100 metres away from enemy camp. After 10 seconds 10 armored man and helicopter was after me. This is what i call a good stealth game, wish I could play like that since beginning.

i used to subscribe to PC Gamer so I had lots of kgs of demos laying around :p some ps1 demos as well; i remember loving the "legacy of kain: soul reaver" demo, but i never bought the game, dunno why

And it's such a good game too. You can still get it on PC or emulation but it probably does not hold up anymore. It was a lot of fun when it came out though.

Im almost ready to rate new MGS, but it wont be a good score. So far I can tell that its very good stealth action game, but pretty bad Metal Gear. Maybe the last missions will change that.

In the meantime, MGS on easy is like walk in the park. Enemies are blind, you have good weapon and buddies to help.

I turned on extreme mode. No weapons, everything needs to be found on field, no reflex mode, no buddies.
I startled a goat 100 metres away from enemy camp. After 10 seconds 10 armored man and helicopter was after me. This is what i call a good stealth game, wish I could play like that since beginning.

I love when games include a super fucking hardcore mode, cool to know.

I haven't been able to afford to get Phantom Pain yet, but I am still going to buy it. I can see what you're saying, it's very different from all the other MGS (besides Ground Zeroes), but not necessarily in a bad way. The gameplay looks fantastic, I thought it was great in Ground Zeroes and only looks better here.

The one thing I am kinda bummed about is I've read there is much less story/cutscenes this time. I always liked that part of MGS, I know some hated that but fuck'em. The crazy convuleted stories, 20 minute cutscenes, deep characters you really care about. That's what I love about MGS, probably just as much as playing the game itself. Maybe more. Like what I remember most about MGS1 is the death of Sniper Wolf, not the fight, the scene afterwards. It's shit like that that stays with you.

Yea, MGS has changed.
Today I finished the game. Ans as I said before, good stealth action game, poor MGS game. And that ending is... You just have to see it for yourself. Still, I had a lot of fun playing it, but not as mgs game. I too have adored the cutscenes and long conversations. Now most of the cutscenes we saw in the trailers, conversations are just recorded stuff on your idroid and its sometimes a chore to listen to them and there is little story.

At least theres hoping that after Konami sees that MGS sells well they will create another even without Kojima. They still didnt connect TPP with Metal Gear 1 and 2 compeltely. I could fit 2 games there :3

Oh, and i dont get the hype about SNiper Wolf, i didnt really cared about her tbh. And Liquid Snake he is fucking crybaby as himself and as a child. Fuck Liquid.

I only shed a tear when Solidus, Revolver and Big Boss died. Looks like i only cared about villans rotfl. But MGS is not black and white and all of those characters are good in their own way. Lawful evil or even chaotic good.

I think the thing that got me with Sniper Wolf is that Otacon was in love with her, and I really loved him throughout all that game and the series. You have to realize, in 98 I was 14 years old when it came out and it had a huge impact on me. There wasn't shit like that in games before. The amazing music in that scene helped to cement it in my memory forever. That's just picking one thing out of the first MGS that blew my tits off, Deepthroat/Cyborg ninja sacrificing himself for Snake.... another one, Psycho Mantis fight? Brilliant. There are so many man, and that's just the first one. Don't even get me started on the finale of Snake Eater, that was a tear jerker man.

Kinda makes me depressed now that you've finished the game you don't have those feelings for it other than being good gameplay wise. I love stealth games, but what set MGS apart is the stories and characters. Kinda sucks this one, as far as I know, doesn't really make that kind of impact the prior games did.

At least I know I can appreciate MGS series not because of nostalgia but because its good. In 1998 I couldnt really speak english so I probably tossed the game away.
Yea, there werent many tear moments in MGS V maybe beside one mission.

But at least since MGS belongs to PC master race now we can enjoy things like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys seen this out on early access? Looks like Silent Hills PT and Amnesia mix. Getting really good reviews on Steam, looks pretty fucking scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm the trailer doesn't seem scary but it looks like it has some nice atmosphere. Which may become scary if I'm immersed. Will have to keep an eye on it.

But on a serious note, game hyped beyond believe, early access for a single player game it just screams to me "Youre gonna be fucking dissapointed".
Just like Amnesia or Outlast. Amnesia turned out to just ba a retarder brother of Penumbra and Outlast is forced jump scares every single minute. Donmt get me started on Slender.

I have yet to play a good horror game hyped by internet plebs :(

Looks like Quiet wants my Naked Snake ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

o0yhzIE.png

i wish survival horror would come back with some guns or something lol

maybe its just not scary if you can kill the stuff.

zombie games havent done it for me in a while. i thought dying light would be amazing but its just a reskinned dead island. which was great bitd but now feels clunky and bad. like dead island had melee that was so fun, but the guns were garbage, seriously i have to shoot a guy 10 times in the head to kill him? why not just make ammo insanely rare and one shot head kills. dying light was the opposite, pace was slow, guns are one shot kills, but the melee was boring. night and day could have been amazing, but they just made it "day is easymode, night is fucking impossible".

that being said, i had a horde chasing me at night and it was intense haha.

i dunno, basically i just havent known what to play in general, i just got a second job though :D, so anyone can reccomend me a new game?

i beat shadow or mordor and i highly recommend it. it just had everything done right. it was real tough at first, but once you played a couple hours it became very satisfying. upgrading felt worthwhile (like excecutions now require a 5 hit combo instead of 8) and there was actually a ton of cool stuff right up to the end to discover (like converting orcs to your side, so fun watching your minions fight saurons). hell the story was even great.
that being said it took me like 8 hours to beat which is perfect for the 20$ i spent for it. also very satisfying to hear my girlfriend go "bleh" every decapitation.

was thinking about getting mgs5 but i hear the story is meh (which is the best part of mgs), dunno if i want to wait for fallout 4 since im moving in nov and that aint gon be cheap