The Gaming Thread

If I had to choose the best Rare game I would probably agree with Perfect Dark. My friends and I probably sunk more hours into that multiplayer than any console other game. After than it's hard to choose... Strictly on N64 I would say Banjo-Kazooie is second best, but if we include SNES I would probably rank Donkey Kong Country 2 as their second best game.

Rare had one hell of a run any way you look at it. Very consistent quality. It's too bad Microsoft bought them....

Hopefully Sea Of Thieves brings them back to their deserved glory.

If not, we have Yooka-Laylee and Lobodestroyo to make up for it.

Can anyone recommend turn based strategy game like Jagged Alliance series?
I tried some, but most of them (xcom, Breach&Clear) are not exactly what im looking for, I like to give order and my character does it immediately, instead of waiting for my orders to other characters and then they all do their actions at the same time.

Yeah it's pretty neat and kind of lame, but hell, it's an extremely easy engine to work with (thank you Quake engine) and it amuses me. It's probably because of how much I liked watching the monsters fight each other in Doom/Quake/Unreal. If the NPCs want to kill each other then who am I to get in the way?

I added the Jedi Council including young Anakin, all the movie Sith, Revan and Malak from KOTOR, Starkiller from Force Unleashed and several others not pictured like Luke and Bobafett. Screenshots are low resolution for some reason.

The hardest part is balancing them since all of the NPC's skill/force levels can exceed the player limit of lvl 3... Which is great for the uber-characters like Sidious but bad news for the player and basically anything in his way. Also the Lightsaber fights in Jedi games are possibly the best sword fights in a game, but it's a so extremely unrealistic when it comes to how fatal Lightsabers are. :lol:

Alright that's enough nerding out. Sorry about that.

As for OpenJK, I just looked and realized that Outcast only has limited support... That kind of sucks since Outcast had a better story and progression, even if it lacked the saber staffs and such.

5PjMQCA.jpg

UqHIqXv.jpg

Awesome!
Yeah Im only interested in Outcast out of those, I never played Academy and it looks boring on Youtube. Im downloading Force Unleashed 2 now though.

I've started playing a ton of games over the weekend :

GTA5, The Witcher, Kentucky Route Zero, Arkham Asylum, Crypt of the Necrodancer :kickass:, Kerbal Space Program, H1Z1, Sleeping Dogs, Rocket League.

This is not going to end well at all.

I've started playing a ton of games over the weekend :

GTA5, The Witcher, Kentucky Route Zero, Arkham Asylum, Crypt of the Necrodancer :kickass:, Kerbal Space Program, H1Z1, Sleeping Dogs, Rocket League.

This is not going to end well at all.

Are you a youtuber filmik some video reviews of shitty games?

How the hell did you manage to start playing 10 games at the same time? Haha

Well, thanks to Christmas being on a Friday, I had 3.5 days of free time and no other plans. Spent pretty much the entire time playing games, guitar and sleeping.

^I didn't know you were unemployed :lol:

Are you a youtuber filmik some video reviews of shitty games?

LOL, neither of those. I need to have first-hand experience of an extremely wide variety of games for my job. At least that's the excuse I'm going with for spending that much time on games. :p

Still, getting paid to play this shit is torture, I would throw tantrum if they forced me to play another shitty mission in GTA V or use witcher senses for the 1000th time

Still, getting paid to play this shit is torture, I would throw tantrum if they forced me to play another shitty mission in GTA V or use witcher senses for the 1000th time
LOL, I'm not being forced to play these specific games. I picked these games for various reasons. I've never played a Witcher game and the last time I played GTA was when Vice City came out.

Turns out i have Valkyria Chronicles on my steam account.

And it's amazing, played VCh 2 on my PSP some time ago, but looks like I forgot to play it more. You could have thought that by this time they would already port the 2nd game to PC or release the 4rd game in US or EU and not leave another good game only for chingchongs.

Nah, it was good for its times, but now I find it rather boring, no good story, boring gameplay based on grinding. I might play 1 campaign once every 5 years and thats it. Maybe its better online but i have no patience playing turn based games online, even stupid people in Hearthstone are pissing me off when I know they have no options whatsoever and still ponder for full 1,5 minutes.

I dont get japanese developers.

Ive been playing this Valkyria Chronicles for a while now and its far, far better than their 2nd game.

So the game (VC 1) was very succesfull, it had great, new mechanics, likeable characters, good, epic story (of course its typical jRPG story), good graphics and then what happens?

"Yea, so the west and generaly everybody liked our first game so ive got an idea, lets make mechanics simpler and butcher them, lets get rid of good characters and replace them with teenagers instead, lets change graphic style to that "highschool big eyes" style of anime and release it on PSP only. Oh yea, and make sure that the game wont be about war anymore but about the drama between the fucking highschoolers" - Japanese developer probably

Nippon, why. Just why.

But wait, there is more.
So this year they realised that there is even more fans of the first game on PC, so they gonna release a new game in this universe! But nope, its not gonna my turn based strategy anymore, just some generic wannabe rpg slasher wanting to be a strategy game (at least thats what I could gather from the trailer).

Oh well...