The Gaming Thread

Finished Valkyria Chronicles, good game, a little bit too easy and even though it has gay anime graphics it wasnt bothering at all.

And the ending was so cute <3

Unexpectedly started playing Saints Row 4. I was bitching to my friend about how Prototype could have been so great but it lacked a comprehensive in-depth world where I could still interact with the city, steal cars and play GTA style. I was informed Saints Row 4 was basically Prototype but with better powers, map, interactions and physics with immature humour and randomness to top it off. It kind of feels like they added an awesome superhero game on top of an already very fleshed out world which is usually the problem with superhero games, they tend to have fun controls and powers but the rest of the game world is very shallow and bland.

So it's actually a pretty fun time. It fulfills all the things that Prototype desperately needed to make it memorable and interesting. It's nothing spectacular but for $15 it is worth playing through at least once. I always considered Saints Row an inferior GTA clone but this game pretty much sets them apart. I heard the city is the same as SR3 though, so if you played that it's probably stale for you already.

CZ means Condition Zero. I didn't surf in CS:S because of this reason - now in GO it's way too fast and you can knife people in the back anymore without being lucky. Nor use the shotgun as well. I really miss surfing in 1.6 physics! No server on GO even has the original surf_ski map :(

I know what CZ means, I still wish theshield to come back :3

I had no problem knifing people in CSS, so i suppose its still the same in GO.

GO sucks for 1 reason, it has no sprays, i miss them so fucking much :(

Ah, well I just know that it's very different in GO from CZ. Surf_ski2 as an example is so changed that you can build up so much speed that you can go all around the map in like 3 seconds. It's too easy to surf now I think

I have been blowing through old NES and SNES games for a few weeks. I know these games very well but it is surprising how quickly most of them can be completed. I guess it is easy to forget that short games are not a new thing, even if difficulty and fun gave the old ones way more replay value.

Double Dragon 1 &2 were awesome but each can be beaten in less than an hour if you know your shit. Even monuments like Super Metroid can be finished in one evening.

They are still awesome though. Retro game marathons for the win.

They are short because they took a lot of mastering and trail & error. Limited lives = chance of game over and starting all over.

Nowadays people are pussies and they need regenerating health, autosave every 5 seconds and cheats.

As a kid i never completed Batman on NES. Half year ago i gave it a try once more, after some training i got to the final stage and I was fucking grinding the final stage like 20-30 times before I could complete it. 2 fucking bosses and this level design that if you are not perfect to 0.1 s youll lose health youre gonna need on Boss. Amazing feeling when you finally complete it.

Finished Xcom: Enemy Unknown.

Its quite funny the game has only 3 story missions. Yes, three.
The rest of the missions are random, like abduction sites, rescuing vip, dealing with UFOs and such. But they got boring after few hours and I had to force myself to do them. When I knew im nearing the final mission i just ignored them knowing the countries wont leave me before I finish the game.

For a strategy game there was too much dice rolling. I dont remember hitting an enemy at 25 % chance of hit, but failing at 95 % - multiple times. I can deal with some RNG but here its way too much.

Research and engeeneering is fun, but you can get everything relatively quick. Then all youre left with is grind.

SO overall, a lot of complains but still would give the game like 6/10 because i like turn based games. My advice would be to just play 2 missions daily, in bigger doses the game is really fucking boring.

Finally almost finished Fallout 4. I admit I sank a retarded amount of hours into it. Almost 120 hours... :eek:

Building epic settlements (after removing build limit restrictions of course) took up waaay more time than I expected. Surprisingly, having a few large settlements to play with gave the Fallout formula the new life I needed to suck me into long playing sessions.

Story is pretty generic but I really liked how they did a few segments, such as exploring Kellogg's memories.

Overall I bump it from my initial 6.5/10 to a 7.8/10 (8 feels too high). I had to get over my Fallout fatigue but once I found enough new stuff to play with I got into it.

It stills comes in as one of my least favourite Bethesda games, but considering how high that bar is I don't see that as a big negative.

Has anyone tried Alan Wake on PC? I think its the last horror game I wanted to p-lay and didnt do it yet. Am i going to be dissapointed or was I avoiding a gem?