The Gaming Thread

I gave up on Doom 2016. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've played in years. I can't play for more than an hour at a time before I start spacing out and my eyes glaze over.

Its just the same fight 50 times in a row. Step into arena, doors lock you in. Chase Imp, glory kill zombie, dodge a plasma bolt, chase imp, glory kill 7 enemies straight, chase imp, easily sidestep Pinky, fight a couple slightly tougher enemies, chase imp, glory kill. Win fight, doors magically unlock so you can go to next slightly different arena.

I'll go play Doom 2 and brood about how games just aren't as good as they used to be. Where's my old man cane?!

I guess it's just personal taste. Not for me.

On the bright side I'm finally warming up to The Witcher which means a can finally look forward to playing The Witcher 2 & 3. :D

Plus MGS V. Argh too many games!

Last edited:
Looks like I was right about Doom without even needing to play it :)

Btw, remember, that in Witcher 2, after act I you basically have two games in one to finish. Depending on whom you side with the game will be COMPLETELY different.

Playing Xcom 2 recently.
Pretty frustrating experiance because of my luck and RNG so far. Cant tell how many times my soldiers in crucial moment miss hits with 90%+ chance to hit and in the meantime flashbanged enemy crits my soldiers across the whole map.
Timed missions are also bullshit and the ambush mechanics doesnt really work (I mean there is no point in setting an ambush AND attack, because after youre being detected aliens somehow take initiative and do whatever they want. Best tactics is to set ambush and HOPE aliens run into it, so you can get a free turn after they already moved after detecting you. Counterintuitive.

But im a masochist and im gonna play it, because fuck its turn based and even though the "tactical" element is ruined by bullshit rng i still like it.

>best survival horror
>amnesia

pick one

Played RE7 demo but didnt really like it, in such a shortspan it was jumpscarey so if the game is like that then i dont give a fuck about it, learn to build atmosphere without shit jumping on screen and tearing your ears with the speakers.

>best survival horror
>amnesia

pick one

Played RE7 demo but didnt really like it, in such a shortspan it was jumpscarey so if the game is like that then i dont give a fuck about it, learn to build atmosphere without shit jumping on screen and tearing your ears with the speakers.

I did not play the demo so I cannot say about that but the game for me feels like Classic resident evil and I think it is great. There are some jumpscares sure but no more than in the first 3 resident evil games. The first 25 minutes are however only a jumpscare heavy intro and I imagine the demo showed only that. After that the real game "begin".

If thats true ill wait for some sale, since I already have few games to finish before picking this one. Batman Arkham Knight, XCOM2, Witcher 3, Dishonored 2.

If thats true ill wait for some sale, since I already have few games to finish before picking this one. Batman Arkham Knight, XCOM2, Witcher 3, Dishonored 2.

The one negative thing I would say is that there are no zombies. I mean I get it from the point of the gaming story that Umbrella have moved way past zombies at this point but come on this is resident evil I want zombies! :yell:

Whats depressing is that they basically got the idea for this game from P.T (Silent Hills)... We could have Silent Hill reborn from ashes. At least I hope so, because ive got a feeling Kojima is losing it. First he ruined MGS V (i believe both Konami and Kojima are to blame) and then I saw his obsession with Reedus that he wanted to force him into SH. Now he's doing the exact same thing with Death Stranding, just taking famous faces and placing them in game. If plot delivers, thats fine, but if it sucks like in MGS V ill be glad Silent Hills got cancelled.

Whats depressing is that they basically got the idea for this game from P.T (Silent Hills)... We could have Silent Hill reborn from ashes. At least I hope so, because ive got a feeling Kojima is losing it. First he ruined MGS V (i believe both Konami and Kojima are to blame) and then I saw his obsession with Reedus that he wanted to force him into SH. Now he's doing the exact same thing with Death Stranding, just taking famous faces and placing them in game. If plot delivers, thats fine, but if it sucks like in MGS V ill be glad Silent Hills got cancelled.

Apart from the first person thing I dont think they got that many ideas from P.T to tbh.
I played the P.T demo and it was hands down much more scary than RE7 has been so far, in fact RE7 doesnt even come close.
RE7 feels almost like a reboot of RE1 in many ways only with the first person view.

So i need to shut the fuck up before playing the full version then :) Demo was misleading.

If you liked RE 1-3 then I think you will enjoy this as well, I sure do! The big negative is the lack of zombies but instead you get the infected and mutated crazy family that is a total rip-off of the crazy family in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. There are more mini boss fights than in the old game and they are well made and the combat is fun here instead of difficult because of retarded camera like in the first games.
Also for the first time ever they have good voice actors. How can you not love a game where a crazy infected spider lady screams "shitcock!" at you when you blast her with a shotgun! :D

As you can probably tell I am more of a Silent Hill guy, but RE 1-4 wasnt bad. Definitely adding RE7 to my queue :)

Finished Xcom2, left kinda dissapointed, apparently I grinded technology that pushed the plot so fast that I got to the final battle with shitty gear. Still was enough to beat the game though with careful planning. But ending sucked because after the battle there was a short cutscene and "ok youre done, gtfo to main menu". I dont even know if during evacuation my wounded soldier made it or the game left him to succumb to his wounds.

And started Beyond Two Souls for Ps4. So far:
1. Holy shit these controls are awkward
2. What the fuck is going on with the timeline? I bet thats why the game asks you if you want to play in chronological order but Id rather play the way game was created. I hope this has a reason in plot, if not, damn, someone must have been high as fuck.
3. I fucking hate the main actress and I hope this wont ruin the game for me.

Bad news: controls still suck
Good news: Ellen Page isnt overly annoying and finally after 4 hours I got some feels out of the game.

Im getting old and faggy, fishing for feels :(