The Gaming Thread

Been playing The Talos Principle, because everyone keeps saying that Portal fans absolutely love this game.

While the puzzles are every bit as good as Portal, the jokes, sarcasm and the banter is what made Portal stand out. Puzzles were only a part of the puzzle (see what I did there?). Talos principle follows a different theme (mythology/philosophy), which is great in its own right, but definitely a level below Portal as an overall package.

I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 on 10.

really? i've mostly heard bad things about botw. i was super hyper for it at first, but when i realized it's lacking proper dungeons and music i was a bit put off.

i was a bit put off at the dungeons. they lack a lot of combat for sure (but i never thought of dungeons as combat focused anyway), but they are giant moving puzzles. some were really easy but a few took me several hours. the bosses are good too, challenging combat and unique fights. and you always end up doing several things for the people of the nearby village before you can attempt it so if you count that it adds a lot of time

its a hard game too, with 3 hearts you will get one shot but a fair amount of monsters early on. you can attempt ganons castle at any point but youd have to be really good as his guardians are insane with low life. the exploring is the best ive ever experienced. better that skyrim, better than fallout. you can go in any direction and theres tons of random shit to do and items to find, upgrades to unlock. it is near impossible to find a place you'll regret going (and the world is huge)

i guess it is less "go here, do this, unlock this essential item to progress" and more "here is your objective, prepare for it however you want". you can do the dungeons in any order, can attempt ganon and any time, can use any of the dozen or so outfits ( all have unique properties), take any monsters weapons, solve puzzles to unlock more life or stamina.

not trying to sell it of course :). just saying i was super impressed by it, almost beat it twice and ive sunk maybe 70+ hours into it

I am pretty hyped to play botw personally, I have had it sitting here ready to be played for a while now, but I was waiting for my vacation to start. Which is today. So I probably won't be going outside much for a while.... It's too fucking hot out there anyway.

And since it got hot I went back to Persona, getting ready for 4th palace.

Game is still great, but I cant decide which character should be my waifu for this game and I usually have no issues with picking one ;_;

i was a bit put off at the dungeons. they lack a lot of combat for sure (but i never thought of dungeons as combat focused anyway), but they are giant moving puzzles. some were really easy but a few took me several hours. the bosses are good too, challenging combat and unique fights. and you always end up doing several things for the people of the nearby village before you can attempt it so if you count that it adds a lot of time

its a hard game too, with 3 hearts you will get one shot but a fair amount of monsters early on. you can attempt ganons castle at any point but youd have to be really good as his guardians are insane with low life. the exploring is the best ive ever experienced. better that skyrim, better than fallout. you can go in any direction and theres tons of random shit to do and items to find, upgrades to unlock. it is near impossible to find a place you'll regret going (and the world is huge)

i guess it is less "go here, do this, unlock this essential item to progress" and more "here is your objective, prepare for it however you want". you can do the dungeons in any order, can attempt ganon and any time, can use any of the dozen or so outfits ( all have unique properties), take any monsters weapons, solve puzzles to unlock more life or stamina.

not trying to sell it of course :). just saying i was super impressed by it, almost beat it twice and ive sunk maybe 70+ hours into it

Allright, nice to hear a different view on it :) I probably won't buy a Nintendo console just for Zelda, but I'd definitely wish to try it somehow. Maybe one of my friend's got a wii u... What about the music, do you feel like it's missing? From most videos I've seen, there's barely any music at all.

I'm playing it on an emulator. Runs perfectly fine so far on my pc. If you're interested there are a bunch of links in the description of this video that will get it up and running. It took me almost no setup. Cemu emulator and Cemuhook are the big things you need and it's just a very simple drag and drop kind of setup. There are also a few graphics packs that can increase or decrease quality and help performance. My PC is somewhat beefy though so depending on your setup it might not work as smooth

As far as music goes, it does have music but it's pretty subtle, ambient and pushed into the background more than most Zelda games. It seems to be mostly piano and nature sounds with a few orchestral touches. Nothing obnoxiously overbearing like Lost Woods in OOT (even though I still whistle it at work sometimes) :lol:. The minimalist music doesn't really hurt the experience so far so I'm okay with it. When you're just exploring the open I don't think constant music is really needed, especially considering this game has a lot of focus on exploring and surviving. A 5-10 minute looping song would probably actually be more annoying after a while.

The music brightened up at key points so far, and although I have not yet faced a boss I think it might kick up there too. Overall it's not an issue to me.

Last edited:
There is a WiiU emulator?

Hell, few years ago my friend's new PC could barely handle 3ds emulator

Yup. Cemu runs BOTW at 30fps for me. First thing I did was climb to the top of the Temple of Time and look around. FPS is noted in the title bar of the emulator. 29fps :D.

JlvzMaP.jpg

PS : That bunch of leaves floating next to Link can be examined revealing a secret.

Update:
I probably should have shown a pic of the game running at high resolution. That pic was taken when I was just getting it running. I have since set it to 1080p and somehow it actually runs better. I don't know why.

gM05Y9J.jpg

sSSLf

Last edited:
Well, time to play all those japanese horror games Wii swallowed! Oh boy!

But probably after Persona, im too deep in it (although I see at least 2 more dozens of hours before me)

That feeling when you need to shit ASAP justduring the cutscene before the bossfight and decide to go to shit after cutscene.

TFW a fucking turn based game has a FUCKING TIMER to finish the boss fight, and it's real time, not number of turns.

Clenched my anus like I never have. 22 minutes of pure horror.

Persona is going to kill me one day.
- Sir, there is a bomb nearby, we are evacuating the nieghbourhood
- STFU scrub, i'm about to steal a treasure.

And im not even exeggarating, when I was living in different apartment there was a fire in my neighbours flat, I could literally see the smoke staining my window. Did I decide to evacuate just in case? Nope, we were winning in LoL and I sure as hell was not losing the rank and letting team down.

TFW youre playing chinese game, unlock max relations with prosecutor, your waifu's sister and this happens:

UI_sKBnEQnKXepcWwItg0g.png

Game is now banned in Poland and I have to go into hiding in order to finish it. They will never find my secret basement.