The Gaming Thread

Does it get super interesting after a while? I've heard so many positive reviews, but I got bored after 30 minutes and never picked up the game again.

It certainly does, but I also love first two episodes because they are so... Innocent? Just enjoying the colours, atmosphere, youth lives. Definitely best "walking simulator" so far, although I dont think thats the genre for this specific game

I think so, but I love story driven games, "walking simulators" etc, so I think it all depends on what kind of gamer you are :) I'm at the last episode now, and I almost want to replay the game already and make different choices and see where it takes me!
I've played all Telltale Games since Tales of Monkey Island, so I'd say I do enjoy the genre quite a lot. Have you played The Wolf Among Us?

It certainly does, but I also love first two episodes because they are so... Innocent? Just enjoying the colours, atmosphere, youth lives. Definitely best "walking simulator" so far, although I dont think thats the genre for this specific game
Point-and-click adventure is what they call them, I think. Yeah, I'll give it another shot this weekend, I guess.

I've played all Telltale Games since Tales of Monkey Island, so I'd say I do enjoy the genre quite a lot. Have you played The Wolf Among Us?

Nope, only Walking Dead series (now waiting for some discounts on the newest one) and I enjoyed them. I know my choices dont matter whatsoever but i dont give a fuck, im there for the story, not "gameplay". Only avoided this Michonne DLC because i despise this character.

I think I have TWAU on my steam acc but didnt get around to play it yet, somehow I feel its not for me in terms of story, but im probably dead wrong. I might give it a try if I run out of the games to play, but for now my queue is quite long, finishing Persona 5, play first season of The Long Dark which juz got released, then maybe my PC will handle Dishonored 2 and finally Prey. Also preordered Yakuza game for Ps4, so it might take a while before i get to the Wolf :)

Point-and-click adventure is what they call them, I think. Yeah, I'll give it another shot this weekend, I guess.

Thats the name. And yea, certainly play it, the atmosphere is great and even sociopathic fuck like me got some feels from the game.

I see you are a man of culture, not one of this fag murdering people to save some junkie. Brofist!
Poor Max dou ;_;

Yeah, some of these prices are a bit steep for how short the games are for sure. I always add them to my wish-list and buy it on a sale instead. I think this one was at 40% or something last week.
On the other hand: if I enjoy the game, it doesn't really matter if it's short, I rather play a short good game than a long average one.

Just finished LiS... Fucking ninjas cutting onions...

Seriously though, fantastic game, recommended for sure.

I chose to sacrifice Chloe and save Arcadia Bay. I'm not crying, you're crying!

Haven't played The Wolf Among Us. What's it about?

It's a story-based "walking simulator", as you call it, set in the Fables comics universe. It's dark and gritty with great storytelling.

Nope, only Walking Dead series (now waiting for some discounts on the newest one) and I enjoyed them. I know my choices dont matter whatsoever but i dont give a fuck, im there for the story, not "gameplay". Only avoided this Michonne DLC because i despise this character.

I enjoyed the first and second seasons of Walking Dead. 3rd was distinctly underwhelming. The 4th season is all but set to be a bigger disappointment... it has truly turned into Clementine chronicles now. I wish they'd just kill her off and tell another story, but nooo...

Anyone here ever play AM2R (Another Metroid 2 remake)? It's a really great fan-made Metroid game (for PC, and it works with a controller) that is a complete remake of the original Gameboy game. It basically overhauls it up to Super Metroid standards while expanding the maps, mechanics and adding a shitload of features from later Metroid games. I highly recommend it to any MetroidVania fans here that have not heard of it yet, or if you like throwbacks to the 16-bit era. It's better than a majority of the official Metroid games, and it was developed by a few guys out of love for the series and posted for free.

Anyway, that game is old news now but I just found out that the creator and lead developer of AM2R has been hired to work on Ori and the Blind Forest 2. That's awesome. Especially considering Nintendo should have hired this guy immediately instead of shut him down weeks after release.

If you do want to play AM2R, Nintendo sent a cease and desist so you can't download it at the official site, but it's really easy to find with a quick google search.

Last edited: