The Gaming Thread

First thing I did after buying a new PC was playing Fallout 1. Fuck modern RPGs, who needs them anyway when you have such classics. F1/2, Planescape: Torment and Arcanum never get old.

Im not blinded by nostalgia there. Sure, I enjoy returning from time to time to Fallout or Icewind Dale, they were fantastic for their times, but now I can see a lot of flaws I am willing to ignore.

To slightly change topics: What do you prefer guys, saving the world or being nobodies in games? Personally I prefer to have a "personal story", with no influence past the main protagonist closest circle. And if my actions were to influence more people / world I don't want to be the only one capable of doing that. Feels much more realistic, that if I fail, somebody else might succeed.

That's what im doing when I've been prototyping games story for the past years. Main protagonist is bound to one place, because of the shit thats going on around, so he's already unable to influence the whole world (he wouldnt be able to to that anyway). In the end, he can eliminate the threat or he might fail. It doesnt matter, because the world is doomed anyway, and if he fails to kill the threat, well, there is always a bigger fish, in that case greater evil will destroy the lesser one and reign. So in the end all that should matter is the journey and relationships / atmosphere you found during it.

Edit:
oh new post while typing:
Speaking of which: anyone played This War of Mine?

Yup, garbage / not for me, turned it off after 30 minutes. I felt like game was trying to hard.

shame ive been really tempted to buy it

It's a game that I don't think should be bought impulsively, but you should to give it a try somehow. Borrow it, play the demo, pirate it and give it a certain amount of time. If you enjoy the first 12-15 hours and want more of that then buy it because at that point you've seen literally everything the game has to offer. It's not a bad game for some people, but it's a very limited and simple game with very little story and a lot of button mashing. It also happens to have a lot of fans despite all that.

It is one of the most repetitive games out there, but it will scratch your itch for huge epic length battles and hunting style quests if you enjoy that stuff. I was a Diablo 2 player so I get the appeal of grinding, I just did not enjoy it in this setting. Its combat is fluid and great but it's extremely simple and all of the mechanics outside of combat are even more simple. Battles feel badass for a while, and it does give you that over the top feel of power, but it mostly comes down to holding the dodge button (no timing required) and spamming attack/warp. The companion/road trip gimmick was advertised as a selling point but it's actually shallow and you will hear the same few lines and scripts over and over. Basically every other well done open world game does everything better, except maybe combat depending on your taste.

That sounded really negative but I can't think of a lot of good things to say aside from "it's really fun for 15 hours". I also acknowledge there are a lot of people that adore FF15 and you might be one of them, so if you can try it before you buy I'd say go for it. It's not all bad, it does a lot of things right and it's gorgeous to look at.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk looks like absolute garbage :)

Futuristic gta, i couldnt give less fucks. Funny how they chanhed the concept from something somewhat sinister to this cancer.

Meh, what a shitshow from Sony.

People want to see actual gameplay of The last of us 2.
Nope, have 2 girls kissing and scripted combat
(and to think of few years ago I said Naught Dog implied in an excellent way that Ellie is lesbian. Few years of propaganda later instead of something meaningful theyre all like "LOOK TWO GIRLS OF DIFFERENT RACE KISSING FUCKING LOOK"

Kojima showed nothing but Daryl sightseeing some shit. Awful.

And the rest I dont give a fuck about. No MGS3 remake, no Silent Hill, just more shitty copy paste games. Maaaaaybe Days Gone will b e good, maybe.

Exactly one year ago I had very memorable gaming moment.

Scorching hot outside (like today) but with rainstorm.

And I was just chilling on the coach, playing Persona 5, while there was also a rain in the game and this track was playing:

Good times. I wish that once again I'll play again that I initially avoid because "what is this gay weaboo shit" but then love it instead.

I'm finally making real progress in The Witcher. I have played and quit this game so many times, but I finally got into it enough to make it to chapter 4. It's still incredibly tedious and a chore to play, and the non-stop wandering around bouncing between NPCs is unbearable at times, but I think I can finally finish this damn game. I don't even hate the combat like most people, I'm actually pretty happy with it when I consider the engine, I just hate the non-stop fetching and running all over the place for a couple lines of dialogue. It's repetitive as all hell.

But when I beat it, I will finally feel comfortable playing the sequels. Which is the only reason I'm doing this to myself. It's a grower.... But it sure isn't great.

I only played the tutorial, if we're talking about The Witcher 3, and then never returned to the game. Not necessarily because it was that bad, but because I wasn't too eager to play it in the first place and I don't have that much time to game anymore. However, while it wasn't THAT bad, I do find it exceedingly cheesy, especially all those teenage-dream female NPCs. That was about a year ago, so after the game had received all its praise and become legendary, maybe I had too high the expectations.

And I recently want to get back to WoW.

However, since shitton changed since 2012 I started a new character on new server and I dont know if I will be able to suffer to beat the same stages for like 4th or 5th time (because while I only had 1 official character, i also played on 2 private servers back in the day).

I only played the tutorial, if we're talking about The Witcher 3, and then never returned to the game. Not necessarily because it was that bad, but because I wasn't too eager to play it in the first place and I don't have that much time to game anymore. However, while it wasn't THAT bad, I do find it exceedingly cheesy, especially all those teenage-dream female NPCs. That was about a year ago, so after the game had received all its praise and become legendary, maybe I had too high the expectations.

Yeah, I also just finished the tutorial years ago, then never looked back pretty much. It looked great and all, but it never really captured me. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day :p

And I recently want to get back to WoW.

However, since shitton changed since 2012 I started a new character on new server and I dont know if I will be able to suffer to beat the same stages for like 4th or 5th time (because while I only had 1 official character, i also played on 2 private servers back in the day).

I mean, the game must've changed drastically since you played last, so I don't think that will be much of an issue. Especially if you pick another race so you don't have to play the same starting area.

I actually started playing WoW a bit again last summer, just as a single player game basically to catch up on what's happened since I played last (Burning Crusade private server, aeons ago), and I enjoyed it.
Finally stopped playing because of lack of time and grew tired of everyone trying to push me to level as fast as possible so we could do raids or w/e. Always liked the questing and leveling parts the best, never been much of an end game type of person I guess.

Reactions: Lifemocker
So far nothing changed. Sure, I play blood elf again for the horde, but world is the same. I will quest mostly in those same areas until I reach Cataclysm content. I'll have to bite the bullet to go through the Burning Crusade content again, because I hated it, took a long time, Nothrend was okay-ish.
But I might look for guides to leveling, so maybe I will be able to meet some new places.

And I also seemed to enjoy leveling the most. Sure, I did some raiding with friends, but it was casual AF. I dislike the pvp arenas. So yeah, just leveling and Im not gonna push it. Play whenever I feel like it and hope to not be bothered too much. And if I reach max level we will see, but this will take ages and they will probably release another expansion at this point. That is if I wont get bored and will have time to play.

I seem to remember that The Barrens is a good place to level up once you've reached lvl 20 or so (it's also reworked alot since Cataclysm), but I might be mixing it up with the BC times :p Try another race and you'll be rid of the same starting area at least!

I just wasted 90 minutes to go to Silverpine Forest, there seems to be actual story there with Sylvanas, Gromash and the scourge. Hell, there was even voice acting.

Quake Champions went f2p, gave it a try. The game looks fantastic, plays alright, I liked Q3/QL more.