The Gaming Thread

If it interests any of you at all I recently got back into my PSX games haha. Love the classics like Spyro the Dragon, Tekken 3 and Future cop L.A.P.D. :D

Anyone else ever play Future cop? Seems like a lesser known game definately. :eek:

never played it myself. i always wanted to play tekken, im still in like...mid tier fighting games in terms of combos and stuff. marvel vs capcom, street fighter and mortal kombat (just ordered the new one) was as deep as i went.

playstation was a damn fine system, glad they put a bunch of the playstion network. i had n64, so i played psx later on

EDIT: demons souls servers closing down for good next month, RIP :(

I thought they went down last October when Dark came out? Speaking of Dark Souls...dlc drops in august. I'd link a vid, but I don't want you to suffer through it with no sound :lol:

Ah right, it's crazy... It's such a good game. There is a mode on it where you play as a walker and your base is against another on the other side of the symmetrical map. Basically to gain points you kill enemy turrets, kill the enemy avatar or capture these neutral turrets around the map. Then with the points you can buy planes or tanks that auto attack the enemy. Basically to win you got to get a tank into the enemy base haha. It's pretty fun!

With the PSX games I had them all on my old system but now I converted all of the ISO's to Eboot so I can play them on my PSP :D

None at all to be honest! I've had my Psp for years now and it runs cracked firmware. I have no interest in paying top dollar for portable console games, I use mine just to play classics such as Megadrive games through an emulator and PSX games. I'm a PC gamer you see so portable gaming is a bit of a pointless thing for me, especially since I don't travel much. :)

i always wanted a PSP but only ever had gameboys haha. mostly i wanted it for the rpgs :D. and they released persona 1 and 2 on it now :(

part of me is considering just buying an old psp and a few games

i heard it was decent, i think its problem was it was just another medieval rpg. didnt stand out among things like elder scrolls and gothic.

im on the fence about this new pirate thing, it looks cool, and i want it to be cool :D, but you know me...

I'm glad to hear we're pc gamers haha! I desperately want a new PC but it's just the money... At the moment I'm using an Acer 8930G. It runs games but not new ones... I can run Fallout new vegas on High and thats the furthest it'll stretch i'd say! :D

Just to add in, My favourite game ever I'd say has to be The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

oh man i loved morrowind but never owned it :(. i got out of pc gaming after diablo 2 :lol:, got back into it a couple years ago and im pretty caught up. i have all the DLC for F:NV but never got far enough (in a second playthrough) to get to any of it :lol:

HoM&M 6 is on sale, dare i buy it?

Ah I got the old cardboard slipcase one, it's beautiful but I dare not touch it because I want to preserve it : o

I play the steam version haha! Also hell yes Diablo 2 kicks ass! I started playing the free to play sort of diablo esque game called Path of Exile recently.

And I've never touched a might & magic game ever! :/

im curious about it, only because i love disciples 2, 3 and ogre battle 64. although jocke (darkgift) tells me ill hate it.

but im a masochist so we shall see.

I kind of want Risen 2. Did anyone hear anything about the first one?

Risen was actually quite good, I liked it better than Gothic 3 (they were by the same developer , Piranha Bytes). Risen is actually the most stable game that Piranha Bytes ever released, unlike the near unplayable Gothic series , where every game was literally broken and laggy even on uber-high end pc's of the time (which I had for Gothic 3 and I could BARELY run it on medium, and it was filled with glitches and artifacts).

Risen was quite epic but it was a lot more focused than Gothic or an Elder Scrolls game so it was a bit smaller and had more of a local feeling rather than vast worlds to explore. It also has more emphasis on combat although not by a large margin, and revisiting old characters and areas so NPC's are not quite as anonymous as some RPG's. Risen 2 looks like it's going to be awesome if you ask me.

If they learned from the mistakes they made with Risen 1, it has potential to be very good. I kind of like the Pirate idea it's going with as well, I'm hoping the story caters to the mercenary angle, more like a Privateer. And no I'm not one of those weird Pirates vs Ninja lovers, I just think Pirates/Privateers have a lot of potential for original material, no one has really made an in-depth RPG (that I know of) that lets you explore that world.

I'm glad to hear we're pc gamers haha! I desperately want a new PC but it's just the money... At the moment I'm using an Acer 8930G. It runs games but not new ones... I can run Fallout new vegas on High and thats the furthest it'll stretch i'd say! :D

Just to add in, My favourite game ever I'd say has to be The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

If you can run New Vegas on high then you've got at least another year of playing new games on medium/high settings. New Vegas isn't optimized that well after all.

And I fucking approve of your choice of favorite game, I was horribly addicted to Morrowind when it came out. I bought it on a total whim hoping for an RPG that would let me create an in-depth character and explore and holy shit did it deliver. I had no idea what I was getting into but that was $60 well spent. I was (and still am in Skyrim now) a very avid modder, I easily spent as much time (probably more) modding Morrowind as I did playing it. Although when I go back and play it now I do see flaws that were corrected in later games, at the time of release I enjoyed and loved Morrowind way more than Oblivion or Skyrim.

As far as varied environments goes, Morrowind still holds the crown. Oblivion had a pretty bland and repetitive world once you got past the great graphics, and Skyrim has a pretty kickass map to explore but it's still just a big Taiga without much else in terms of scenery. Morrowind had everything from vast plains, to volcanoes, to stormy deserts, to cities in the god damn trees and vines, not to mention the city of Vivec, which was just flat out cool and original. Loved the architecture and variety in Morrowind which is half of what makes Elder Scrolls games good. I also like that all the cities in Morrowind are part of the main world, no loading or transitions to enter a city, it's all connected.

That was a much longer post than I anticipated.

In case it wasn't obvious, I am also a PC gamer lol. I was primarily a console gamer until I was about 8 when my parents bought a PC and I discovered Doom... The game to end my simple gaming needs of stomping on turtles and replace it with jamming chainsaws in a demon's eye socket :lol:

Last console I owned was a PS2 and when it broke down I never went back to consoles. I emulate consoles still but only for a few games and the old school classics like SNES RPG's and such. I play Smash Bros Brawl through emulator quite a bit lately I admit, fun drinking game.