The Gaming Thread

You're a full on legend dude! You nailed it right on the head. All those reasons why Morrowind kicks so much ass haha, there just is no comparable game world in my eyes. Also I notice a distinct lack of unforgiving games. This is hard to explain but i'll try.

Now, I hate mario. Sonic. And anything similar, simply because OH I DIED, RE-DO, ya know? same repetetive action for little or no gain. So I have no interest in stuff like platformers or super meat boy etc. But I absolutely love how games are unforgiving in the sense that they say, "Here's the game! Do with it what you will!" And you have every chance to make a shitty character build or get your ass destroyed or even ruin future relationships due to your actions. That to me is a great move I love learning how the world works for myself and not being told by giant floating letters or scripted npc's.

Morrowind totally had that, most of the game I had my ass kicked due to me not understanding combat or how to build a good character, but once I found out it was so rewarding! I find with Oblivion and Skyrim, despite loving them. They are way too dumbed down and player friendly. Any class, any skill and you can practically tank everything. Morrowind would bust your ass even at ridiculous levels with high end gears so it was constantly a challenge. Even with its shitty combat haha! Also as a massive music fan I think morrowind has the best ost of all time. :D

With my PC and new vegas I can run that on high and kick ass but I struggle with other games on lower settings, it's really weird... I used to be a console gamer but that was because I couldn't afford a high end pc really haha, always had a good one but not for new releases like! :) Also back on the topic I'm playing a new indie game now called Legend of Grimrock. It's an old school dungeon crawler style game, again it has that unforgiving flair that I love. I also love the style of play as I've never played anything like this before and it's a right bastard so far! Teaching my self to play this is interesting! D:

In case it wasn't obvious, I am also a PC gamer lol. I was primarily a console gamer until I was about 8 when my parents bought a PC and I discovered Doom... The game to end my simple gaming needs of stomping on turtles and replace it with jamming chainsaws in a demon's eye socket :lol:

Last console I owned was a PS2 and when it broke down I never went back to consoles. I emulate consoles still but only for a few games and the old school classics like SNES RPG's and such. I play Smash Bros Brawl through emulator quite a bit lately I admit, fun drinking game.

yes omg, i spent a whole summer playing brawl with a friend, through various forms of intoxication

Pre-ordering Darksiders 2 really excited for it!

Asura's Wrath was fucking awesome i liked everything about it the story the graphics the game play. Although some called it an anime more so than an actual game it is different from a lot of the beat em ups i feel. Street x Tekken is sick been playing that!

nice cressida, reminds me i still have to finish darksiders 1. downloaded the demo for asuras wrath and loved it, so over the top.

street fighter x tekken looks so good too, its on my list of waiting for price drop, like twisted metal

^Excellent choice! Looks awesome, I can't wait to play it.

Morrowind is high on my list of best RPG of all time...but nothing can top Baldur's Gate II (Except Baldur's Gate III?:D). Let's be honest, it's a perfect machine. Dark Souls is also on that list...probably at the 3 slot.

Legend of Grimrock looks a lot like a modern version of the really old-school dungeon crawler games. I never looked into it before, but I will definitely be checking it out now. It's almost nostalgic, it reminds me of those old ugly games like Swords and Serpents for the NES :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrowind is high on my list of best RPG of all time...but nothing can top Baldur's Gate II (Except Baldur's Gate III?:D). Let's be honest, it's a perfect machine. Dark Souls is also on that list...probably at the 3 slot.

I was not aware you were a Baldur's Gate 2 fan. I fucking loved BG2, I actually tried to get some of my Diablo 2 friends to play it with me, but the common isometric view did not quite sell it to them. I guess it was more or less meant to be a single player game anyways.

Baldur's Gate 2 is another one of the PC RPG games I truly love for it's complexity. I made many characters, some of which barely made it out of the first annoying dungeon before I quit:lol:. I Immersed myself in that game pretty heavily and it was also another game I bought on the spot. I bought it (along with Nox) because it looked like a more complex Diablo game. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had awesome character creation for the time and every move required actual thought and planning. Fuck I love BG2, and I never even played the first. I probably should at some point, however I doubt BG1 had an antagonist as cool as Irenicus.

Holy Fuck this was my 3,000th post.

OF COURSE I'M A BALDUR'S GATE FAN. I'm actually kind of excited that Bioware is allowing another dev to produce an hd remake of BG1 for ipad (not that I give a fuck about the ipad)...but perhaps this means they'll be a BG2 remake...and, satan-willing, they'll take a run at BG3. I've seen a few projects raise millions on kickstarter for an esoteric pc gamer crowd...maybe we'll finally see a Baldur's Gate 3...or maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. :cry:

OF COURSE I'M A BALDUR'S GATE FAN. I'm actually kind of excited that Bioware is allowing another dev to produce an hd remake of BG1 for ipad (not that I give a fuck about the ipad)...but perhaps this means they'll be a BG2 remake...and, satan-willing, they'll take a run at BG3. I've seen a few projects raise millions on kickstarter for an esoteric pc gamer crowd...maybe we'll finally see a Baldur's Gate 3...or maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. :cry:

Dude, if you're such a fan why don't you realize that Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is for PC as well?! Madness!

It's not a re-make, it's an upgrade to the original Baldur's Gate engine with a few core gameplay changes. Overhaul games was given the rights to do the work, which is needed honestly, BG1 and 2 are both very glitchy with modern OS. There is supposed to be an enhanced edition for both BG1 and 2 with the upgraded engine, and it is also being ported to OSX and iPad.

Edit: The problem with BG3 is that it would have to completely deviate from the old formula now. It would basically end up being another Neverwinter Nights (which was considered a spiritual successor back in the day). I doubt any serious developer is going to build a new Baldur's Gate on an engine like Infinity Engine.

Dammit, Nikki is trumping me in posts in here again. I need to cast Resurrection on my nerd prowess and game game game.

Jason, have you made it through Amnesia all the way yet?

Gameplay Stats
Steam Rating:
Playing time:
37.5 hrs past 2 weeks
Counter-Strike
37 hrs / 1790 hrs
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta
0.5 hrs / 9.1 hrs
View stats

Legend of Grimrock looks a lot like a modern version of the really old-school dungeon crawler games. I never looked into it before, but I will definitely be checking it out now. It's almost nostalgic, it reminds me of those old ugly games like Swords and Serpents for the NES :lol:

Yeah that's totally what it is dude, I was really sceptical and honestly, I thought it looked shit. Until I watched a game play review by Total Biscuit then I got really interested which was odd as I've never played a game like that before. Pre-ordered it on a whim and it is an awesome game. I'd recommend it definitely! :D

^+1 I couldn't play Amnesia. Stuff doesn't scare me but the anticipation is just fucking horrible. That's what I hate more than anything, I don't watch horrors because the anticipation with the stupid music and tense scenes just does my head in. D: Horrible stuff.