The Gaming Thread

I've been playing Far Cry 3 all day. So far it's much better than Far Cry 2 was, although the stealth mechanics are a little too easy and the AI seems to have Alzheimer's. I can shoot someone in the ass and if I stand still for like 10-15 seconds it's as if it never happened, you often don't even need to move just stand in a decent size fern. Also somehow I become invisible if I stand in ankle high grass. Other than the half-retarded Stealth the game is pretty fun though, the world is a lot more interesting to explore and travel around. I felt Far Cry 2's biggest weakness was a very boring world with that annoying fucking malaria stopping progress constantly. FC2 I dropped within 4 hours completely disappointed with everything but the visuals, FC3 hooked me right away. Hopefully the difficulty goes up as I progress.

Oh and fuck Leopards :lol:

OH yeah I also forgot... Fuck Uplay. Seriously I don't need to make a new account every time I want to play a new game. I bought on Steam to avoid Uplay, and now I have to launch both Steam AND Uplay to run FC3. What the hell is up with that?? I need 2 fucking services running to play one game? That's just bad design, it honestly makes me wish I'd pirated it. We don't need more of these DRM services forcing us to make 20 accounts every time I want to play something

that was one of my favorites of the year too :D. and yes it actually increases in difficulty, and i suggest you play on hard. even on hard i found little challenge until about halfway through. the stalth is a lot of fun, dont worry about spending skill points either, i unlocked everything before the end of the game. this may be very minor enemy spoilers but you will stop fighting pirates and start fighting mercenaries and heavily armored guys, this will require you to use stealth.
the one thing i miss, random weapon jamming.

and yeah uplay is the most ungodly piece of shit i ever used. and you CANT TURN IT OFF because then the game wont work. as if any fucking person in the world has uplay friends.

my game of the year is obviously diablo 3 :/. aside from that max payne 3 was great, and im still not done hitman. hitman is pretty awesome though, just as good as all the others except more fluid

Saint Seiya Battle Sanctuary IMPORT holy shit a throwback to my childhood!!

Devil May Cry Collection

Double Dragon NEON another nod to my childhood!

never played either torchlight haha, looks decent but i couldnt find anyone who would buy it and play it with me. god knows ive got the time but 99% of people dont want to grind out end game content like i do :lol:

edit: actually, maybe ill buy it for me and the GF. i wanted to get her titan quest as its excellent...but god damn its like the longest slowest game ever :lol:. ive played it like 20-30 hours and only got to like level 30 out of 100.

i cant say D3 is the best (and looking back, up to like september, terrible game), but i cant say i enjoyed another game more than one i put 800 hours in

Baby, you leave me like Castlevania. Hard. As. Hell.

:lol:!

I have an annoying problem with the map in Far Cry 3...

I looked around the interweb and I can't find any map related issues anywhere. It's not a big deal all the time but I've discovered that the map pretty much does whatever it pleases. Sometimes I can't zoom in or out, other times I can't look around the map, sometimes it'll zoom in maximum and I can't interact with the map in any way leaving me basically confused about my objective. This wouldn't be so annoying if it were not for the fact that the map is pretty damn big and finding a location or hunting ground is basically impossible with the map locking me out in various ways... I kept thinking maybe there was a key that locks the map to player location or something but the glitch on the map seems to have 3 modes of annoying. It also only happens after I've accessed the map a few times. The first few times everything functions, after that I start losing functions until I can't do anything at all without a restart. Fuck that is getting on my nerves.

^is it the big map or the minimap? i found the minimap tiny and mostly used the big map to set waypoints i could follow

i had the same problem with dead island (this wont solve your problem fyi, i never had that issue). whenever i play multiplayer with GF and i accidently make a waypoint, it means you can no longer track quests, at all, meaning you have to restart or just happen-chance upon your goal.

i think im gonna buy torchlight 2 today. i get disconnected like a million times a day on diablo, so its only a matter of time before i die (and non-hardcore is so boring :(). im also paragon 40, and have more or less the best items except perfectly rolled insanity, top 100 in my class, might as well just sell off the last of my items and save my hundreds of millions of gold for when an expansion hits. lol ironically pvp is out in the next patch (by feb 2013)

think ill buy a copy for gf so i have someone to play with this time XD, the cartoony graphics made it look decent but i hear the loot is pretty fair and the game itself is fun.

:lol:

thing is, hardcore gold trades at 5:1 regular gold, regular gold is 30 cents a million.....damn i should sell it. without selling any gear i could have 110*5*0.3=165$ haha, enough for a couple new games :lol:.

torchlight 2 on the other hand, is growing on me quickly, might make a hardcore hero XD