The Glenn appreciation thread

Please to ask mother. Tell her the big hairy man from last year wishes to make some for himself.

CHICKEN IN APPLE MUSTARD SAUCE

4 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. apple juice
1 med. onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. thyme
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 apple, cored and sliced (leave on skin) preferably a Granny Smith
Thickener of flour paste or cornstarch

1. Melt butter in large skillet or electric fry pan.

2. Add chicken and brown.

3. Add apple juice, onion, garlic and thyme.

4. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes (until chicken is tender).

5. Remove chicken, keep warm.

6. Bring liquid to a boil.

7. Add mustard and flour to skillet. Stir until well blended.

8. Add apple slices and cook until soft (5 minutes).

9. Return chicken to skillet.

10. Serve when apples are soft, not mushy.

11. Pour sauce over chicken when serving.

SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with white rice. It's also good reheated if you want to make extra. Reheat chicken and sauce in double boiler. Serves 4.

This is close I hope.

I can understand most boarders coming by your place and hanging out; as they are your age, they can be passed off as school chums or something. But when a burly balding lumberjack swings by, do you reveal the message board connection? that you talk to strange old men online?

@frinya

*scratches head* I think her parents were quite aware I wasn't a risk. Which surprised even me, considering how justifiably uptight some folks are.

In reality, the fact they let a large male that could have created a very bad situation in their house is a bit strange, I admit. Even slightly disturbing.

But I think they're able to read people, as I had been there once before at the end of July and probably saw me as non-threatening to their children and household. Which is true.

And I'm indifferent to tomorrow. I just expect KFC to be there, as I require an appeasement gift of chicken to attend crying festivals held for the dead at religious establishments.

Well they had to figure I wasn't there with dishonorable intentions in addition to that. Would they let LRD in? :p