Vortex Appreciation Thread

Okay, I kinda see your point. But the harmonies that they add on some songs are still quite good, IMO.

Anyway, I want to hear more Vortex Celtic singing like here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-s1UpzXQD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-s1UpzXQD8[/ame]

Yes, Joe, I know this is your clip, but it's still awesome.

I found his bass online the other day, and once I learn to play bass and have the money, I want to buy the 5-string model.

BC_VS5WB.gif

Seriously awesome.

I think this man may be God. He doesn't suck at anything.

I don't think he's God :lol: But he definitely is incredible. I think no matter what kind of music he made, it'd be amazing. I can't wait for the next Lamented Souls album... and maybe someday in the future (he told me maybe 5 years) he'll release his solo album. He said he has a lot material written and recorded and he's just waiting until he makes good connections in the industry to release it.

Right now my main hopes after the devastating news that he won't be in <code> is:

1. He sings the 2 tracks on the upcoming Borknagar album he said he wanted to.
2. The Lamented Souls album is recorded and release by the summer.

BONUS: Arcturus reforms.

I found his bass online the other day, and once I learn to play bass and have the money, I want to buy the 5-string model.

BC_VS5WB.gif

Seriously awesome.

It's only awesome if it's the size of the one he actually uses. It's fucking massive.

That was awesome :lol:
Fucking A. Like I said, any type of music he makes would be awesome, if he became a folk singer I would buy all his albums :lol:

Quintessence is a great album.

Tis all.

Quintessence is pretty low on the ranking scale in my mind, I mean out of all the stuff he has done. Colossus is the gem that fucking makes that CD brilliant.

I DEMAND MORE FUCKING DICUSSION. If someone doesn't know who the fuck we're talking about, or the bands we're talking about, find the fuck out and join in!

He said to me (and in the interview on UM) that they only broke up because the keyboardist, Sverd, lost his inspiration and didn't feel like to make music with the band anymore. But creativity and motivation could always come back and I will hope for that day, they broke up in their prime imo... they could have been big.

If we get like 5,000 people to message Steinar on myspace it might get something happen :lol:

I've played a 5string for almost 7 years, and when switching from 4 to 5, and to be honest its not that much of a difference to me. When you start out with the 5 its the same really.

It's made by BC Rich but it's his signature model called the 'Warlock'. It's actually a fucking epic bass, and his is gigantic.

I've been told BC Richs are a cunt to play, but I remember in my old band, the guy had a warlock bass I would use since I refuse to tune to C#. I thought it was quite nice, other than the epicly old strings, and the fretboard felt rough as hell. Holding it, both sitting and standing was comfortable.

All 3 of us had really pointy guitars.