THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

Guess this is kind of old news but just heard about Animal from the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom passing away back in September. Road Warriors were the best. Hard to believe Hawk died like 17 years ago.

YjPTaLG.jpg

damn, had no clue. They're both gone now : /

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHWWwwhhatttarrrrrrruuusshhh! :kickass:

I've been re-watching all the WCW Nitros and pay-per-views from fall 1995 on. I've gotten up to March 1997. Haven't seen this stuff since I was a kid so a lot of it's actually pretty fresh. I don't think I was watching really intently until sometime in '97. It's definitely still entertaining as an adult. The only thing I get frustrated with is the high volume of dirty finishes and how repetitive and predictable they are (I'm gonna riot if I see Mongo hit someone with that damn briefcase again). Watching the promos is way funnier as an adult and some of these guys (like Flair) are just brilliant.

I had originally watched some WWF during the Hulkamania years and I was a tiny hulkamaniac. I came back to wrestling when the nWo burst and was obsessed with wrestling again at that time. That made me WCW first, but I watched some Attitude Era WWF as well. I haven't watched anything current in over 20 years.

Watching real combat sports has ruined rasslin for me. Used to watch it all the time with my pap but it’s too cornball.

Reactions: CiG
Watching real combat sports has ruined rasslin for me. Used to watch it all the time with my pap but it’s too cornball.

Eh, that's what makes it interesting for me now. I know it's scripted, but I like to see where they decide to go with the storylines (like any TV show). I appreciate the athleticism they display in-ring, but the promos are really where it's at. That stuff is gold.