The Grand Conuration

ethereallights said:
I was somewhat dissapointed by Ghost Reveries as a whole but The Grand Conjuration is one of the better tracks in my opinion...

WTF?!?!

No no, you see, GoP is an amazing song. BotH is meh. Atonement is good, so is Iso and HoW! YOU SEE?!

The song is excellent and it maintains an aura of brooding evil the whole way through. Heavy as fuck. The keyboards and Mike's vocals send shivers to my nethers (oohh!). The buildup at the end is epic. Quite frankly, I feel that a few people proclaimed this to be a bad song due to it being the first one released to the public, coupled with everyone practically WANTING it to suck due to the move to RR records, and then everyone just basically followed suit.

Not really, at all actually. I just feel that the song should have ended at 7:08. If it did, it would be my 3rd favorite song on GR.

- BTSSGPPN

It's actually one of my favorite opeth songs. To me the repetition sets in a feel and mood of something rather evil and ritualistic. I love the production on this one too like when all the voices build up and breaks back into the main riff again. All the odd sounds and voices make in the background make it truly scary, I think. Plus the position of the track on the album is perfect, it is definitely the climax of the album. Even though the lyrics are simple they are straightforward and evil. There are many simple ideas in the song but also a lot of little things to pick up on, i think it's more brillant in a simple way then complex like GoP.

blimey said:
God damn! Wow... I guess I'm like the only one who thinks that past 7:06 is really, really boring and not worth listening to?
i concur with ya... its a good song, but a little too repetitive and too long.. :Spin:

PeeWee1473 said:
The song is excellent and it maintains an aura of brooding evil the whole way through. Heavy as fuck. The keyboards and Mike's vocals send shivers to my nethers (oohh!). The buildup at the end is epic. Quite frankly, I feel that a few people proclaimed this to be a bad song due to it being the first one released to the public, coupled with everyone practically WANTING it to suck due to the move to RR records, and then everyone just basically followed suit.
heavy as fuck? what?

The Grand Conjuration is a decent song at most. Should really end after 7:08. Who ever said that since this was the leading track, we might hate it more is correct.

I :erk: when i heard TGC for the first few times. Then i heard ghost of perdition when that leaked.. and all was better. Iv grown to like TGC. It sounds alot better live. Easily the worst song on Ghost Reveries.

that is all.

I like it but I do have to agree that it is repetitive and a little obvious. However, I'm still happy it exists and it is fun to listen to once in a while :)

I like the heaviest part of it...and that's all. It is way too repetitive and uninventive. i remember d/ling it well before GR was released and thinking "oh dear God they've gone backwards...wayyyy back past Orchid :yuk: :yell: ". Yeah probably one of the only Opeth songs I don't like/won't listen to when it comes up on the playlist (aside from most of the soft ones).

blimey said:
What do you think about this song?
To basic for an Opeth song?
To repetitive for an Opeth song?

I ask this because it sickens me that so many of the Opeth newbies come in here and say: "BTW I heard GR and I like totally fell in love with TGC lolz!".

This is honestly the only Opeth song I sincerely dislike. Thats my opinion.
1. I think that it is a great song.
2. Maybe a little basic, but still good.
3. A little repetitive, yes.