The great and all powerful religion thread!

The truth is that I'm a zealous convert. I was raised Catholic so I am very familiar with its doctrine, which upon becoming a more educated person I reviewed to be outright false and historically disastrous for our race. You'd be cynical too if you discovered you've wasted nearly two decades of your life. But you're still convinced you haven't, and you take comfort in your delusion. I'm not capable of that. All I have is reality, and it's a shitty reality on a grand scale.

So sorry if you take offense. Atheists can't play nice lest nobody listens.

I would agree with you on Catholicism and Christianity in general. However your inability to seperate the pagan/greek/hebrew amalgym that is Christianity from the original intent of the books that comprise the Bible and some that the Catholic/Christian religion has excluded, is where the agreement ends.

It is currently a shitty reality, and imo it is because this world is not running like it was intended because of the effects of sin. It will continue in this way until Yeshua shows up in person to fix it, so I feel no need to try and beat someone over the head about how I believe things should be done on the grand scale.

I understand completely about the wasting your life with religion part. The time I spent growing up in fundamentalist christianity was a waste, but on the flip side it was a much better childhood than growing up in the environment many of people I have met in the last 4 years grew up in.

The world was not intended to be any way imo.

FYP.

Obviously we can't prove it. I'll let YHWH worry about changing people's minds about it. If He shows up in person I am pretty sure it will be obvious to everyone. On the positive side [when] He does show up, there will be no more religious arguements :D

FYP.

Obviously we can't prove it. I'll let YHWH worry about changing people's minds about it. If He shows up in person I am pretty sure it will be obvious to everyone. On the positive side [when] He does show up, there will be no more religious arguements :D

There's no reason to believe that the world is supposed to be in any specific way. Until there's actually a reason to believe that, then it is reasonable to talk as though there is no set way for the world to be. Obviously religious people wouldn't accept this, but religious people are not being logical.

There's no reason to believe that the world is supposed to be in any specific way. Until there's actually a reason to believe that, then it is reasonable to talk as though there is no set way for the world to be. Obviously religious people wouldn't accept this, but religious people are not being logical.

This pretty much sums up why I feel quite confident in believing that there must be some creating force, a "god".

thebigbangthe128619802051324267.jpg

Seriously, Dakryn, I really feel like you have no idea about things and use the lack of knowledge as a reaffirmation of your incredibly stupid belief system.

And it's so much better to just say "YHWH" did it. Good fucking point, you totally convinced me since your evidence was so compelling.

And it's so much better to just say "YHWH" did it. Good fucking point, you totally convinced me since your evidence was so compelling.

I have other reasons for "picking" a particular creative force, which really have no evidence I can share. Not trying to convince you on that one.

OK, so why exactly did you just make a dumb post up there further illustrating why more people should just summarily ignore you?

I really don't think it's dumb to continue to question "how did it all start", since science can't really answer that question, just what happened after the "start".