The Greatest Growlers?

shark22 said:
I heard David Vincent "was once one of the better vocalists out there". but now he "cross dressed and fucks shit up with Genitorturers". He's now known as David "I'm not gay" Vincent.

GAY???? he gets to fuck Gen, his wife. Just cos someone dresses up in leathers doesnt mean they are gay.

Argyle said:
Mikael Stanne from Dark Tranquillity is the man. His range is not that big, but it's amazing how much feeling and nyances he can put in to growling.

:headbang: I was just getting myself ready to type the words "Mikael Stanne" as I panned through the posts, but you beat me to it. He sings with SUCH emotion. Dark Tranquillity is a truly special band. They don't get enough recognition in my opinion.

Good and Evil said:
:headbang: I was just getting myself ready to type the words "Mikael Stanne" as I panned through the posts, but you beat me to it. He sings with SUCH emotion. Dark Tranquillity is a truly special band. They don't get enough recognition in my opinion.

Everyone except Stanne is a dick though :(

In no particular order (although I prefer Black Metal type shrieks, they are more sinister):

- Grutle Kjellson (Enslaved)
- Vintersorg (Vintersorg, Borknagar)
- Garm (Ulver, Borknagar)
- ICX Vortex (Borknagar, Arcturus)
- Deathspell Omega's vocalist (no one knows his name)
- Ihsahn (Emperor, Peccatum)
- Abbath (Immortal)
- Blakheim!!! (Katatonia, Diabolical Masquerade)
- John Haughm (Agalloch)
- Varg Vikernes (Burzum)
- Dan Swano (Bloodbath, Edge of Sanity)
- Marko Eskola (Farmakon)
- Mike Akerfeldt (Opeth)

Mikael Stanne ^_^
I don't know if I should say this, for fear of getting flamed, but Johan Liiva had a growl/scream that wasn't typical death metal, wasn't as low or harsh, but fit AE's music perfectly.
Adam Darski(Behemoth)
Devin Townshend =)
and...

me 8)

shark22 said:
I heard David Vincent "was once one of the better vocalists out there". but now he "cross dressed and fucks shit up with Genitorturers". He's now known as David "I'm not gay" Vincent.

I don't dress like a crossdresser... but I listen to The Gathering,Theatre of Tragedy,Leaves Eyes,Cradle of Filth and Lacuna Coil.

Does that mean i'm gay ?

Mikael is my favourite - there may be better at the technique itself but Mike's is just the best sounding. Mendonca (Akercocke) has a better range though.

Minion520 said:
Mike pretty much ripped off Swano back in the day, but no one seems to notice
Ahem, have you even heard Crimson? There is almost nothing similar between the 2.

Feel the love.

Oh, and the Bal-Sagoth vocalist - his grown is funny to listen to! Isn't he called something on B ? Burton ? ;)