The Greatest Growlers?

Well my 2 favorite vocalist are Dan Swano and Mikael Akerfeldt,
for their growl and beautiful clean vocal. But currently Mikael is really my favorite 'cause Swano's death vocal is not as good as before when i look at "Crimson 2" but his clean vocal is still awesome.

But Mikael death vocal is really something, i cant think of any vocalist who got that deep but still clear death vocal... no one i heard top that so far...
and his clean vocal are really beautiful... When a vocalist is able to sing that way with his death and clean vocal, it's the most complete he can be

I really dig also Anders Friden death vocal during the The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony era...

I reckon Dani COF has some really awesome deep growls in 'Cruelty Bought Thee Orchids' - just how it contrasts from his usual high pitched growls.

I reckon Randy Blythe from Lamb of God is really bloody good too. Any LOG fans out there!?!?!!?

why most people hate him?

And then a personal fav. for his light growl, though it's not so great and most people hate him:

Varg Vikernes (Burzum)[/QUOTE]

LadyValerie said:
Mikael Stanne ^_^
I don't know if I should say this, for fear of getting flamed, but Johan Liiva had a growl/scream that wasn't typical death metal, wasn't as low or harsh, but fit AE's music perfectly.

Heh. Thought I was the only one who liked Johan Liiva. I think he was much better than Angela Gossow - just listen to "Seed of Hate"! :Smokin:

hoyn said:
Heh. Thought I was the only one who liked Johan Liiva. I think he was much better than Angela Gossow - just listen to "Seed of Hate"! :Smokin:

And Black Earth(song) and Tears of the Dead ^_^
Angela...... bleeeh :zombie:

Leper_Affinity said:
I reckon Randy Blythe from Lamb of God is really bloody good too. Any LOG fans out there!?!?!!?

I'm a LOG fan and I like Randy Blythe's vocals. However, I don't think his growl is nearly good enough to be mentioned in this thread with some of the amazing death metal vocalists who are being mentioned.

Why do I feel the sudden intention of arrows being pointed at me when I say that I think Mark Barney Greenway has some pretty sick vocals?

Oh yeah, also it didn't amaze me when I found out that Anders Frieden used to be the lead singer of Dark Tranquility. They're a pretty good band live, and the way Anders sings now... (what a fucking sellout)