the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it mostly because I can fit more into a smaller space, I did it back when all I had was 512 MB of space and my music collection was growing like weeds. Now I have 20 GB for space and I STILL have to keep my files small. However, I've been downloading more 128K files recently and while I don't notice much difference, something's definitely there.

~Neurotica said:
And I still upload in tapes. wtf

I use to sit in my room when younger for hours making mix tapes. How the hell do you upload tapes ?

Tapes have lower sound than cds if you did not notice.

The Greys said:
I use to sit in my room when younger for hours making mix tapes. How the hell do you upload tapes ?

Tapes have lower sound than cds if you did not notice.
By items. Those plastic ones...

keyword: sarcasm

I think I have bad ears, because I really don't hear much difference between 128 and FLAC quality mp3s. I guess that works to my advantage though.

I can definitely tell the difference between 64 and 128 though. :zombie: Vibrations Of Doom quality.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Honestly, 64K is fine for me. I don't need to upload in anything larger than that because there's really no point. And lower quality is sometimes louder.

I assume that is a joke. Otherwise you have some serious ear problems dude. And low quality being louder is bullshit. Loudness has nothing to do with encoding bitrates.

I encode my CDs in high quality VBR myself with 192k as the minimum threshold. So everything will be atleast 192k unless it needs more for certain parts of the song in which case it temporarily scales up. Takes up less disk space then encoding everything at 256k or 320k CBR and sounds the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.