the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't have pride in something that you have nothing to do with. You belong wherever the fuck you want to belong, and where you come from has no bearing on your life.

Necuratul said:
You can't have pride in something that you have nothing to do with. You belong wherever the fuck you want to belong, and where you come from has no bearing on your life.
Everyone wants to be part of a group and for some people that is others who happen to have a similar heritage as them.

I'm not going to accept the desire to connect with people who happen to have had distant relatives who were born in the same general region as a legitimate reason for why heritage should matter.

If you look at the Football World Cup, because of my Heritage I supported my team, and when Italy won, me and my entire family were so proud of the players, country etc. To me its just a great feeling, which I wouldnt have if Heritage wasnt important.

Hanger 18 said:
If you look at the Football World Cup, because of my Heritage I supported my team, and when Italy won, me and my entire family were so proud of the players, country etc. To me its just a great feeling, which I wouldnt have if Heritage wasnt important.

thats awesome!

fuck italy though. :p

I'm of Polish heritage so living here in Neo-Ireland I often feel isolated. But when I visit my relatives in Buffalo and Chicago, I feel right at home in a community that shares my ancestry.

It's hard to explain, but it's a feeling of pride, and if it makes you feel proud than it matters greatly.

Krig said:
Thats the main reason why I wear Thors hammer. because im mostly German.
Im not an Odinist (yet atleast) but I wear it out of pride.

Exactly the same reason why I would wear one, aside from the fact that I'm Danish instead of German.

Go ahead and be proud of shit that you had nothing to do with whatsoever. Just don't cry when you find out that you're actually black.

You think you know your heritage. For all you know, your relatives migrated from Africa to Italy and bred only with others who migrated from Africa to Italy. So maybe your ancestors come from Italy, but how do you explain that massive bottom lip?

Status
Not open for further replies.