the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you seriously have "tweakers" in the Ukraine?:err:
:err:

Umm, actually we have. But I know only one of them personally. That thing is not really popular here though. I've heard about meth (ice) from my friend, who lives in SC. There are bunch of ppl, who take it regularly. And some of them that I kinda knew, have died cuz of that shit already...

Yeah, that shit is the worst drug ever created. I have heard of its spread to eastern Europe and throughout Asia, I just didn't realize how common it was. Meth abuse is epidemic in the US, especially here in the Midwest.
BTW, why did you put "the" in bold? Is that grammatically incorrect? In the west, putting a "the" before Ukraine is actually quite common.

Yeah, that shit is the worst drug ever created. I have heard of its spread to eastern Europe and throughout Asia, I just didn't realize how common it was. Meth abuse is epidemic in the US, especially here in the Midwest.
BTW, why did you put "the" in bold? Is that grammatically incorrect? In the west, putting a "the" before Ukraine is actually quite common.
After taking that shit you dont even feel a need to sleep like for a few days. And it seriously kills liver and heart. But oh well... Its probably pointless to name all the stuff that this things gives... It's a horrible shit, thats it...

Um, I've never heard it's common to put an article before the country name. But if you say that it is there, where you live - you probably know better. Sorry.

Um, I've never heard it's common to put an article before the country name. But if you say that it is there, where you live - you probably know better. Sorry.

Well, that is true. The thing to remember about English are the inconsistencies. Most countries are not preceded by articles, however some are (The Sudan, The Netherlands being other examples). Perhaps "the" is placed before Ukraine because of the etymology of the word, which, according to Wikipedia, means "region" or "principality" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine).

Well, that is true. The thing to remember about English are the inconsistencies. Most countries are not preceded by articles, however some are (The Sudan, The Netherlands being other examples). Perhaps "the" is placed before Ukraine because of the etymology of the word, which, according to Wikipedia, means "region" or "principality" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine).
Ah, I see. I'll remember that, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.