the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate post-whatever genre labels. There has only been one post-_______ genre that I have understood, and that is post-grunge. Everything else I just haven't understood the label.

Post-grunge, post-rock, and post-black all make sense to me well enough.

I hate that mail does not come on sundays. If you do not get all yours cds saturday you have nothing to look forward too on sunday which is the most boring day out all days.

I hate that mail does not come on sundays. If you do not get all yours cds saturday you have nothing to look forward too on sunday which is the most boring day out all days.

Up here in Canada I don't think it even comes on Saturday! I could be wrong though, I'm kind of stupid sometimes :loco:

The mailbox is my wife and I wait hoping she has a gift for me everyday. Sundays she just stands out in the cold snow frozen alone with nothing in her:cry:

I just drink coffee and stare out the window in despair realizing i'm not getting a cd.

I hate that a lot of people went to church this morning probably finding the snoozefest spiritually uplifting and i'm just sitting here bored out of my mind. If I wanted to be anymore bored I could just go to church and then at that point what would become of me.

I hate that a lot of people went to church this morning probably finding the snoozefest spiritually uplifting and i'm just sitting here bored out of my mind. If I wanted to be anymore bored I could just go to church and then at that point what would become of me.

at least you get a free cracker out of it! i always liked the taste of those things for some reason!

The mailbox is my wife and I wait hoping she has a gift for me everyday. Sundays she just stands out in the cold snow frozen alone with nothing in her:cry:

I just drink coffee and stare out the window in despair realizing i'm not getting a cd.
Any pics from your first night after the wedding?

I find that hard to believe.

Post-hardcore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This isn't as extensive as I'd like, but I'm sure you've heard at least one post-hardcore band.

that article is really fucking badly written

the problem with label like "post-hardcore" is that hardcore's influence was so huge that the term is more suited to academic usage than as an actual genre. perhaps it wouldnt be such a problem if so many bands didnt identify with the label (see post-rock, which if we take it literally could apply to thousands of bands that arent considered post-rock), but practically every rock band with hardcore influence (including bands as diverse as fugazi, thursday and isis) seems to have been dubbed "post-hardcore" at some point so it doesnt really work as anything but a wide grouping of bands.

I hate that there is not a single movie out in theatres at the moment that is the least bit interesting. I'll just have to wait until next week.
What about Harsh Times, I thought it sounded good.

I never go to the theaters, cause I can sit in my reclining chair next to my bed and download all of the hot underground flicks while I listen to music, when I finish downloading I can move to my bed and watch the film on my headphones. I have watched some great films in just the last week. Btw, I buy a lot of movies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.