the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thasis said:
Ah yes. I guess it all depends on how your using the word. But you are correct, the traditonal use is to mention the Revelations and shit. That's all fake (or atleast I believe it is) so I'm not worrying about a second comming.
It is fake yes... in fact the New Testament in numerous places says that the Second Coming will occur within the lifetime of the apostles. :lol:

Amarantus said:
Of course that's not what I meant. Humans will not be around forever. The earth is quite an amazing thing and is able to defend itself quite well. IE the Ice Age.
Yes but humans are the most adaptable life forms this world has ever seen due to our intelligence. So who knows...

cookiecutter said:
You are all wrong god will come and save the good christians leaving us evildoers to fight over what's left. We will follow the antichrist until some semigood christians figure it out and beat the antichrist at Armageddon.

Duh!

Let me play the theologian. At the day of reckoning the forces of good, led by Jesus Christ, will clash with the forces of evil, led by Satan, on the plains of Armageddon (an actual location in the near east). Jesus will of course triumph.

Now the book of revelations can be interpreted in many ways. Some think revelation is the time when the Earth is destroyed and humanity perishes, while it also says that the apocalypse symbolizes the end of evil and the grace of God governs the Earth for a thousand years.

Thasis said:
OMG! Are you serious... I should realy read the bible just to get a laugh out of it.
There are numerous other examples than listed here but this is a start:
Slower than the second coming
Matthew 10:22-23 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. (KJV)

NOTE: This is perhaps the most damning statement in the whole Bible with regard to Jesus' accuracy as a prophet. The "cities of Israel" have been thoroughly evangelized through the centuries, yet Jesus has never returned. It is not as though there are some cities in the nation of Israel which have "not [been] gone over" yet.

Matthew 24:30-31,34 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. . . Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (KJV)

Luke 21:27-28,32 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. . . Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. (KJV)

NOTE: A common explanation for "this generation shall not pass away" is that the Greek word "genea" (generation) can also mean "race" or "nation," so what Jesus was actually saying here is that the Jews will not pass away before all these things are fulfilled. However, many of the things Jesus said would "be fulfilled" specifically regard the Jews: the surrounding of Jerusalem by armies (Luke 21:20), the continuation of Sabbath days (Matthew 24:20), the desecration of the Temple (Matthew 24:15), etc. Thus, to say that the race of the Jews will not pass away before all these things happen to the Jews is ridiculously obvious, and devoid of any substantive meaning. By defining "genea" as "race" or "nation," one problem is merely exchanged for another: Jesus is made to look as an idiot instead of a false prophet.

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. (KJV)

Revelation 1:1-3 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (KJV)

Revelation 3:10-11 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. (KJV)

Revelation 22:6-7,12,20 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. . . And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. . . He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (KJV)

ender7227 said:
Who's to say the Christian way is the way it's gonna happen? Who's to say that it's gonna happen at all

/trump card
I just proved in my previous post that the Christian way is obviously false.

Thoth-Amon said:
I just proved in my previous post that the Christian way is obviously false.

No, actually you just proved that you don't have much reading comprehension skills. The Bible is oftentimes not a straightforward book that you just read and get everything the first time. So let me gently break down your arguments:

Matthew 10:22-23 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. (KJV)

NOTE: This is perhaps the most damning statement in the whole Bible with regard to Jesus' accuracy as a prophet. The "cities of Israel" have been thoroughly evangelized through the centuries, yet Jesus has never returned. It is not as though there are some cities in the nation of Israel which have "not [been] gone over" yet.

The most widely accepted meaning of that passage is that they will not have ministered to all of Israel by the time Christ passes judgement on the Jews, like the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70. "Till the Son of Man be come" is a pretty vague reference by itself, so it can easily not mean "until the apocalypse".

Luke 21:27-28,32 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. . . Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. (KJV)

This generation does mean the Jews, but once again, it's referring to the destruction of the temple. Supposedly Christ showed himself again and ascended into Heaven before A.D. 70, hence all those things would be fulfilled by then and that generation of the Jews probably was not dead by then either.

And I'm really not sure what you found to "disprove Christianity" in your last several references to Scripture, so maybe you can elaborate on those. Honestly, I can think of much better arguments against Christianity than what you came up with. You're not the first arrogant guy who thought he knew better.

Status
Not open for further replies.