The Horror Movie thread

Black Christmas is on netflix Instant Watch.

Not only is it the perfect "holiday flick" to insert into your yearly traditions if you haven't already, but it's also considered by many to be one of the first movies to start the "slasher style" that Michael Myers and Jason popularized. It's a legitimately creepy and well-made flick and a must see. It's one of the few movies where they never truly identify the killer, which just adds a level of dread to the movie that is missing in a lot of the movies that followed it.

Another fun fact is that it was directed by Bob Clark, director of "A Christmas Story".

i havent seen a good horror movie in a while

i need to see the evil dead again, that movie legitimitely frightened me the first time i saw it, which these days is very rare......there arent many that capture terror anymore, just violence

but maybe im just desensitized :(

recommend me anything drama/horror/comedy/etc

for anyone who haven't seen:

i highly recommend :D some old style comedy like Airplane/Police Academy

Last edited by a moderator:
mi surprised, i thought it was going to be terrible, glad to hear its good, i may watch it now

"best since waynes world" is a big shoe to fill (hear that somewhere...)

Lol yeah, classic as fuck...entertaining as fuck.

Recommendation of the day: The House of the Devil

saw Shutter Island yesterday... the trailer let me to believe it was a horror movie while in fact it was not, but really cool movie nerveless

Lol yeah, classic as fuck...entertaining as fuck.

Recommendation of the day: The House of the Devil

A lot of people got so butthurt about that flick. I recommended it to a few people as well and they came back with seething hatred. Okay, they didn't like the movie, but I don't see why some people hated as much as they did.

I thought it was a fun throwback for sure.

Black Christmas is on netflix Instant Watch.

Not only is it the perfect "holiday flick" to insert into your yearly traditions if you haven't already, but it's also considered by many to be one of the first movies to start the "slasher style" that Michael Myers and Jason popularized. It's a legitimately creepy and well-made flick and a must see. It's one of the few movies where they never truly identify the killer, which just adds a level of dread to the movie that is missing in a lot of the movies that followed it.

Another fun fact is that it was directed by Bob Clark, director of "A Christmas Story".

Havent seen this yet, but you reminded me of the hilarious Silent Night, Bloody/Deadly Night.

Every time I watch it... and he decapitates the bully while he's sledding... :lol:

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL "ar you having a religious experiance?......or did you pee your pants"

i also love how he uses "you'll only have sex with virgins" as an insult, some people would kill themselves to have that......

Havent seen this yet, but you reminded me of the hilarious Silent Night, Bloody/Deadly Night.

Every time I watch it... and he decapitates the bully while he's sledding... :lol:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp3CmxLRvf0

Yeah, I watch this movie every year for Christmas, too. It's a highly entertaining flick.

I finally watched "The Human Centipede". I had held off for so long, because it felt like I had already watched the movie without even watching it just from seeing the trailer. And yeah...that's pretty much the movie. Ends like I expected it, too.

That all said...fairly decent. I think the movie would have been better if they hadn't given everything away in the trailer and poster and just called the movie "Centipede" or something. That way their shock factor would have actually be shocking.

The Fly is awesome. The sequel is a bit goofy but it's pretty entertaining as well, plus it has a few good kills (the guy getting his face melted off for example)