The Horror Movie thread

:lol:

also, semi horror related. i was a big fan of terminator 1, 2 (best sequel ever), even saw 3 in theatres, it was a fun movie. i heard terminator salvation was terrible though. a friend of mine (who i watched all the others with oddly enough...) reccomended it. so i sat down today, and shit that is a great movie.

start to finish crazy, exactly how i pictured the world once skynet ruled. some pretty cool twists, and some clever nods to the old movies. Excellent movie, hope they make more, leading up to the world where kyle reese gets sent back, and maybe beyond :p, have a twist where skynet wins anyway and kills everyone.

also, semi horror related. i was a big fan of terminator 1, 2 (best sequel ever), even saw 3 in theatres, it was a fun movie. i heard terminator salvation was terrible though. a friend of mine (who i watched all the others with oddly enough...) reccomended it. so i sat down today, and shit that is a great movie.

start to finish crazy, exactly how i pictured the world once skynet ruled. some pretty cool twists, and some clever nods to the old movies. Excellent movie, hope they make more, leading up to the world where kyle reese gets sent back, and maybe beyond :p, have a twist where skynet wins anyway and kills everyone.

If you're a Terminator fan you should give Salvation a watch. It's not super great, but it's also not super bad even though it's PG13. It's watchable for at least one view. Plus I hear they are making a Terminator 5 and it will be Rated R.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter looks awesome. It's about Abraham Lincoln hunting fucking vampires. It could be the worst movie I've ever seen, and it'll still be the best movie I've ever seen :lol:

If you're a Terminator fan you should give Salvation a watch. It's not super great, but it's also not super bad even though it's PG13. It's watchable for at least one view. Plus I hear they are making a Terminator 5 and it will be Rated R.

yeah i thought it was a great movie, i didnt notice it was rated pg13 haha, it still felt pretty brutal (in sort of a bleak future, no pity from machines). i hope they do make a T5, id love that, especially rated R

:D

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter looks awesome. It's about Abraham Lincoln hunting fucking vampires. It could be the worst movie I've ever seen, and it'll still be the best movie I've ever seen :lol:

:lol: cant wait

There is tons of HP lovecraft movies, I'll have to post some more later. I'm also a Wes Craven fan, here's one of my favs from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgl3uoxXc0

I am a massive Wishmaster fan, but Wes Craven basically had fuck all to do with that movie (Is actually directed by Robert Kurtzman aka the "K" in KNB EFX group). He did a lot of those "Wes Craven Presents.." movies back in the day...most were shit, but I consider Andrew Divoff's over-the-top performance to be one of the most entertaining in horror movie history (notice I didn't say BEST, I said MOST ENTERTAINING...big difference).

Basically...Craven got a paycheck to put his name on the box.

The 2nd movie isn't bad either. Some really clever stuff in it like the "Go fuck yourself" scene and of course Divoff saying "Zeeeeeeeeegggggzzz" (sex) is a riot.

I probably watch the first WM once a month or so.

Terminator 2 definitely gets my vote for top 5 best sequels ever, along with Aliens. Can't think of any others of hand, James Cameron must know his sequels though. Terminator is one of the rare cases where it took a pretty solid source material and fuckin' way outdid itself. T1 is smart, but it's an action sci-fi movie for the most part. T2 is in a whole different category of movie, it focuses on so much more than being a good action movie (which it also does amazingly).

Terminator 3 was the weakest in my opinion thanks to mediocre casting and being modernized too much, so it doesn't have the "character" or atmosphere the first 2 had. I also liked Terminator Salvation even though it gets a bad rap from some people, I think it was pretty well done overall and even though it could have used an R rating, I think people are putting too much emphasis on ratings lately. Now of course I love the golden age of the 80's early 90's when studios were not afraid to support an R rated action flick but some of the best movies out there are just plain ol' PG-13. You don't NEED to have exploding heads on screen to make a good movie.

People still jerk off to that skeleton?
She looks like one of the dudes at the top of this forum, bro.

:lol: Agreed. Saw a pic of her at Oscar's and was completely disturbed by how much worse she keeps making herself look. Angelina Jolie in Hackers though? That's a different story:)

Still never saw the first. It's not that it's too disturbing, it's that it sounds too stupid.

I'd actually rewatch the 1st one. The doctor in it is fuckin great.

The 2nd one is just a guy trying to be as gross as possible, even going so far as to hire a non-actor for the lead role just because he's physically disgusting to look at.

The 2nd one is hilarious, too, but I think the first one was a better "movie".

(both are just shock flicks either way).