The Horror Movie thread

it was "great", really?

Lol yeah, I wasn't a huge fan. I basically skimmed it to see the parts the internet was buzzing about, then shut it off. The doctor's diagram of the finished human centipede made me lol HARD. It look like it was drawn by a toddler :lol:

Also, has anyone seen the trailer for Sinister? It actually looks like an interesting concept.

I was extremely disappointed in The Human Centipede as one, it was a pretty damn meh movie, and two it didn't disturb me whatsoever where as the world made it sound like it was the most extreme thing done, evah.

Just ordered in these dvds ive wanted for awhile.

Dawn of the dead (original) (I already have it on VHS) - Probably my all time favourite horror movie.
Braindead
Day of the dead
Zombi
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th part 2
Cannibal Holocaust
Halloween H20
Re-Animator
Saw 2
The hills have eyes
The Changeling
The Blair Witch Project

:lol: so basicly "i didnt watch it but i know it is bad and over-rated"

couldnt have had a slightly interesting story you may have missed? :p. it wasnt gory, i liked that, many times it made me cringe just from being like oh right, this girls mouth is sewn to that girls ass.

that being said it wasnt the best thing ever, just interesting. killed a couple hours while writing a lab report haha. the second one was better for shock value, but was so sick i dont think i could watch a third :lol:

Just ordered in these dvds ive wanted for awhile.

Dawn of the dead (original) (I already have it on VHS) - Probably my all time favourite horror movie.
Braindead
Day of the dead
Zombi
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th part 2

Cannibal Holocaust
Halloween H20
Re-Animator
Saw 2
The hills have eyes
The Changeling
The Blair Witch Project

my favorites :D.

i saw a few trailers for sinister miasma, it looks pretty cool :D

I'm going to be starting my Friday the 13th marathon for the month later tonight. What's everyones favorites from the series?

That mention of Re-Animator kind of got my attention.... I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, even the latest one despite being inferior to the other movies. Dr.Herbert West is one of my favorite crazed scientists ever, something about Jeffery Combs performance made the character almost magnetic to me. He was born for that part.

anyone ever see the poughkeepsie tapes. of all the movies ive seen in the past couple years, this is one that really stuck out. ive never seen it for sale anywhere but i watched it online and its...at least an interesting story. basicly it chronicles the police finding tapes in a house, that chronicles the murders in the area over the past several years. random strangers etc.

dont want to spoil anything but there are some pretty entertaining moments story wise, twists and turns. it isnt overly sick either, just enough to get the point of the victim across.

anyway, if you can find it online, i recommend poughkeepsie tastes IMDB

looks goofy but fun

also they are remaking Carrie again

Last edited by a moderator:
what? I can see Carrie actually turning out okay in today's times. But as with all remakes, its in the air.

what? I can see Carrie actually turning out okay in today's times. But as with all remakes, its in the air.

you know i think this is one of those movies that can either be totally fucking awesome
or
totally fucking crap
but not anywhere in-between
it really depends on the writer/director

im gonna see it on tuesday, ive read mixed reviews, but i suppose the description of the good outweighed the criticism.

plus i read a hilarious review of it, i believe the quote that sold me was "omg this movie was so scary. i went on a friday by myself and there was like 10 people there (all couples) but they didnt dare make out

it was THAT scary!"

i picture a lonely sweatpants guy XD

Watching Mitt Romney speak is like watching the creature from The Thing. Constantly transforming and tricking everyone into believing he is just "one of us". I really hope you Americans on here intend to vote, don't let that nutjob fuck things up even worse! I'm making the assumption everyone on here is intelligent enough to see through Romney.

So anyways I'm going to watch The Thing... Again. I don't know why but that movie (and the prequel to some extent) never gets boring. I can watch it over and over. Then I'm going to watch the Presidential Debate so I can see what the Thing ended up doing after the films:)