The Horror Movie thread

The Walking Dead has replaced the need for Zombie movies for now

Pretty much.
The fact is "zombie culture" is really goddamn annoying.
It's insanely popular, what with the "zombie walks" and everything. So studios just shit these movies out left and right and they are all miserable.

There was one a couple years ago called "The Horde" which was pretty good.
Pontypool loosely qualifies as a zombie flick (though, it's more of a mindfuck kinda movie than anything).

But yeah, overall Walking Dead is about the best it gets for now.

Pretty much.
The fact is "zombie culture" is really goddamn annoying.
It's insanely popular, what with the "zombie walks" and everything. So studios just shit these movies out left and right and they are all miserable.

There was one a couple years ago called "The Horde" which was pretty good.
Pontypool loosely qualifies as a zombie flick (though, it's more of a mindfuck kinda movie than anything).

But yeah, overall Walking Dead is about the best it gets for now.

i have been the same thing for years sadly. it is only a matter of time before the masses get ahold of it and ruin it. it has had a great run and still has parts i enjoy (got like 600 hours of left 4 dead 2, dead island was a good game, im sure there are others) i believe i was joking with friends a few years ago and i said "you guys just wait, eventually they'll make a zombie romance movie like twilight and that'll be the end of it, zombies will turn to complete shit". they all laughed at the idea and said it will never happen, zombies cant even think dude. i agreed, had a laugh, got drunk, good night

and a few months ago i was sadly vindicated with the release of warm bodies haha. zombie romantic comedy.

on topic, im pumped for evil dead in a couple weeks :D. read something recently that said sam raimi intends on a sequal to the evil dead, as well as army of darkness 2 :D :D.
feel free to look it up, i closed the window earlier and forgot to post it here :lol:

My favorite is Saw but I'm also into Nightmare on Elm Street. I like how Freddy can be scary and humorous at the same time!

haha yeah i watched all those again last year, he was actually quite funny in some of them. i almost wished theyd make him even more evil :lol:, add in a little more details of his children murdering (not graphic, just descriptive), maybe make freddy a little racist or something :lol:

if you are looking for something scary, watch Grey's Anatomy. Women in constant turbo mode PMS that can kill you without leaving evidence behind.

Yeah, I guess if you don't like really gorey horror movies, then no dice for you.

I like gore the right way, the oldschool way. I dont like gore as in sticking needles in eyeballs or cutting penis with razorblade.

No I havent seen the new ED yet. Im contemplating watching it at the Cinema but I dunno, that might ruin it.

Anyone here seeing the new Evil Dead? I won't see it for a bit probably but I am interested in your opinions on it.

i'll watch it. From the trailer it looks decent.

I like gore the right way, the oldschool way. I dont like gore as in sticking needles in eyeballs or cutting penis with razorblade.

totally agree

Evil Dead is gore as gore gets. Probably the goriest movie I've ever seen. At one point the sky is literally raining blood. Don't go in expecting it to be humorous and you'll probably enjoy it. Saw it the night of its premiere. Stay until after the credits are over. :)

Evil Dead is gore as gore gets. Probably the goriest movie I've ever seen. At one point the sky is literally raining blood. Don't go in expecting it to be humorous and you'll probably enjoy it. Saw it the night of its premiere. Stay until after the credits are over. :)

exactly what i was hoping for

No I havent seen the new ED yet. Im contemplating watching it at the Cinema but I dunno, that might ruin it.

I don't recall any of that in the Saw movies, really (bet lets face it, they do run together after the first couple).
Also, absolutely none in The Collection.

And "the old school way" would disagree with you if you go by Lucio Fulci. That guy was ALL ABOUT stuff being poked into eyeballs.

Saw "the evil dead in theatres". freaked my gf out something good, i loved it. had a big ol smile on my face several times. which made me think i was a creep haha.

Have to agree The Collection was bad ass. I went in with very low expectations due to the Saw pedigree but I had a blast with it.