The Horror Movie thread

Evil Dead was good. Especially considering they are planning to actually tie it in with the original series in some degree. From what I read, they are going to make an Army of Darkness 2 (starring Bruce Campbell), then also making an Evil Dead 2 that is a sequel to this movie. Then presumably with Evil Dead 3, they will tie in Ash and the Deadites somehow. This is, of course, assuming all goes according to plan, quality remains high, and people go see them in the theaters like they did with Evil Dead 1.

As for me, I watched a movie over this week that completely blew me away.
MANIAC, starring Elijah Wood. It is a remake, but HOLY SHIT did they do it right. This is serious fucking horror, people. They kept the spirit of the classic, but went in enough new ways to merit it being a remake. It's brutal, unnerving, well-acted, and well-shot. Also, the score is phenomenal.

It's a must see for any horror fan.

I Finally watched Evil Dead 2013 yesterday and I liked it, alot!
Its been a while since I saw the original but I think they twisted the story really good and I really liked the gore.
See it.

I agree it was awesome....I laughed alot especially at the gore overkill in the final scene :headbang:

Couldn't resist saying "its raining blood.... From a lacerated sky" when I saw it in theaters. Even got a fuck yeah.

Also, watched the original The Hills Have Eyes 2. Holy fucking shit it was bad. The remake was terrible, but still better than the original. When does that happen?

I'm on a big horror movie binge. Specifically I'm on a monster movie binge because ghosts, creepy little girls and hillbillies are not interesting to me 90% of the time.

Which brings me to the point of this post... I thought Cabin in the Woods was just another inbred hillbilly horror because of the title! Someone has just informed me it is fucking full of creatures and shit which is awesome. I hate that there are so few quality monster flicks, the ones that take the time to create awesome practical effects are usually piles of crap in every way except the creatures being cool. Ah I miss 80's horror. About to watch Cabin in the Woods for the first time

Discuss all and any scary movies you want to here.

What have you seen? What do you love? What has traumatized you?

Yes, please. If anyone knows of a truly traumatizing film please tell me. Seriously traumatizing, not like "Cannibal Holocaust" or "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom". Those are just not good enough.

Also, I'm new to this forum so forgive my intrusion.