The I'm Going/Just Went to a Concert Thread

I'm going to see Opeth with Nachtmytium and High on Fire in a few days. I may have to leave to catch the bus home during Opeth's set depending on how late they come on.

I'm really excited to see Nachtmystium being that they are one of my favorite black metal bands. Rumor has it that Nachtmystium are bringing Stanford Parker along this tour in order to play Moogs live. I can't wait.

oh damnit cynic is support for opeth in stockholm, I'm happy enough now :D

The at the gates gig was awesome hah, there was this guy who was around 35~give or take 3 years, who was talking loud to himself but with obvious intention for everyone to hear ;

"This is the shit. This is the fucking shit. If you dont like this you can go home!"

and later it sounded as if he was close to tears when he asid something like;

"This is so brilliant, this is the best of the best, it doesnt get better than this" anyway it was great, he was like 4 meters from stage with long black hair if anyone noticed him :p

Let's see... so far this year... Rush (seen 'em 13 times, this was the best EVER!), Van Halen, Queensryche, Alice Cooper, Heaven & Hell, Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi, Joe Bonamassa (the new GOD of blooze! Oh, the TOAN...), King's X (unbelievable, as always!), Extreme, Opeth (great set, SHIT mix!), BTBAM, Three, Dream Theater (PN '08), ZZ Top, Coheed & Cambria and Candlebox (FU, I dig 'em!). Next up... OPETH HEADLINING HOB Orlando!!! (my first time catching them as the headliner, I can't wait!!!) Then, the very next night here in J-ville... Buckethead! :headbang:

If I get in...I'm going to the FIRST ever show by the swedish band Lifelover in two weeks.:headbang:

Then in december it's Opeth and Cynic:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I just got back from the Nightwish and Sonata Arctica show. Nightwish was SOOOOO good. I don't even like Nightwish but damn, they KICKED ASS!!!! Sonata Arctica on the other hand was one of the worst bands I've ever seen. I kept yelling for them to, "Play something metal!" but alas they only played their horribly written, power chord infested, high pitched vocalized, love lyrics, key-tar ridden, shit. The waitress asked me if I wanted anything and I said "Yeah, a better band!" . But still, Nightwish totally made up for it. Great FREE (I won the tickets! Woo!) concert. I made friends with the new drummer from an old school thrash metal band called Sentinel Beast. He might be a future client, he told me they needed some album artwork done for their new album (first album the band has released in 22 years, he was 20 :p) ... :)

ozzloaf is graphic design a hobby of yours or your occupation?

normally i dont like power chords either (key tars look fucking horrible lol), but i dont mind if they are played in inventive or semi unique voicings, or juse cool tensions and stuff

ozzloaf is graphic design a hobby of yours or your occupation?

It's MUCH more than a hobby but I have to go to school. It's my only job though, other than school so I guess you could call student my main occupation and it's my side job? I go to school to learn art if it means anything... even if I don't learn anything in art class. :(

Yeah, your work is top notch. I do graphic design for sports companies so it's at a commercial level, and not an artistic one though. You should look into comics man cuz I think your work would fit in well there.

Yeah, your work is top notch. I do graphic design for sports companies so it's at a commercial level, and not an artistic one though. You should look into comics man cuz I think your work would fit in well there.

Thanks man. I know some artists like Dave Kendall who are illustrators but yet still do comics. It'd be fun to try something like that.

Went to Metal masters. Was incredible. Bad Religion a few days ago. Yeah, not metal, don't give a fuck. It was awesome.

Up next:

- CoB (not a fan, GF got hooked on them thanks to Gigantour, and meh, it's something to do)
- Opeth / High on Fire
- Dragonforce (same as CoB and well....they're admittedly kinda catchy :erk::lol:)
- Mudvayne
- Metallica

And whatever else may pop up in between all of that.

PS. I need Nile back in my life. Minus the Suicide Silence this time....

I just moved to London England in August and I was able to catch the Gutter Twins (MARK LANEGAN!) and Turisas within the first three weeks of my arrival. This Friday is the big Unholy Trinity show I've been waiting for, headlined by Paradise Lost with My Dying Bride and Anathema. I still can't believe the lineup.
Enslaved and Opeth are both coming in November, within a week of each other I believe! I really should have come to the UK a hell of a lot earlier, all of my favorite bands have been passing through, it's incredible!