the lousiest vocalists in heavy metal

I have a ton of hate for Dani Filth. High shrieks like that on "Cruelty and the Beast" make my head pound. Ugh.

Also the "Mustaine Nasal Plug" gets on my nerves.

Joey Belladonna was cheese. He coul dhit notes, but his lyrics were wack.

Oh yeah the vocalist for Laaz Rocket (who sang Leatherface for the TCM3) was awful.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Paul DiAnno is awesome. You must be on crack.

My least favorite singers:

singer of Korn
singer of In Flames
singer of Vio-Lence
singer of Cradle of Filth
singer of Six Feet Under
singer of the Used<-----Isn't this an alternative band?
singer of Demilich
singer of Hoobastank<------not metal at all
singer of Deicide
singer of the Murderdolls
whiny singer of Blink 182 <----not metal at all
old singer of Helloween
newer singers of Mayhem
older singers of Iced Earth
singer of Goatwhore
Green added by me, if it wasn't obvious...

You guys are all fucking nuts. Matt Barlow owns! So does Hammerfall's singer, James LaBrie and Timo Koltipelto, you fags just can't appreciate any singers who don't grunt and growl like crap. Progressive metal and power metal may be "uncool" to some of you, but that doesn't make it suck. These are some of the absolute worst:

Dani Filth
Johnathan Davis
Johann Liva of Arch Enemy
Mudvayne's singer
Linkin Park's singer

And if ANY of you ever say anything against Ronnie James Dio or Eric Clayton, you have to be the biggest morons in all of history. I wouldn't put that past several of you though, so I'm just waiting for some dumbass to run his mouth...

Lord Worm, simply because DiSalvo owned him, and he's not gonna do the WS/ATYB stuff well at all
Anders Friden on TJR, Whoracle, RTR, and STYE
Mikael Ackerfeldt's vocals on Katatonia-BMD sucked in conjunction with the music, elsewhere he's good

all i can think of

Maniac is the current Mayhem singer, he was also the "first" permanent vocalist (he is on Deathcrush). He also sucks too, even worse to hear him doing it live.

[Furious rant] The vocalist for Negura Bunget; absolutely hate his voice. Main reason I hate them. [/Furious rant]
Arch Enemy vocalist as Sculpted said. Their cover of Aces High is a massive pile of shite.
Later vocals on Iced Earth... not sure on his name, dont hate, but dont particularly like.
Newer Metallica vocals are crap, though everyone knew that. :erk:
Proscriptor's vocals (Absu) on "In The Eyes Of Joldanach" are not as good, kinda annoying when you compare to their older stuff.
Often Phil of Pantera gets a bit OTT.
The newer guy from The Haunted, he sucks big time.

I could go on a while yet.... throw in some various Power Metal and i'm done. :)

I already ripped on him on the 6 Feet Under thread but this is appropriate...Chris Barnes. The vocals on their newest steaming turd are THE WORST extreme metal vocals I have ever heard. They are hilarious though :lol:

ive got a few more to add

even though he isnt metal at all henry rollins really takes the cake as a shitty singer.

same goes for the hatebreed wigger, i saw em opening for slayer and that band sucks so bad its unreal.

some peopel will hate me for saying this but it needs to be said...the singer of rush shoudl never have been put in front of a microphone either.

also at the same slayer show was arch enemy and hes a pretty terrible vocalist too

i never cared for that blackie charactor who sings for WASP either

and im deffinately going to get hate mail for saying this but i despize sebastian bock...skid row's new vocalist is so much better, and he says hes fourty!. i dont know which is worse his singing or his cock rock stage strut.

this really needs to be said too...i cannot think of anyone more overrated than phil anselmo...except maybe the phil anselmo look alike who dimebag replaced him with.

but now it is time to bring up the two worst vocalists of all time.....drum roll......john lennon and mic jagr.

thats all i can think of for now

Spirit In Black said:
HA, I think you have that backwards.......DiSalvo sucks....toughguy hardcore in a "death" metal band....it doesn't work......thank god he is gone
you can go on all you want with the "hardcore vocals" thing (even though he doesn't sound much like a hardcore vocalist at all to me, and i do listen to hardcore), because it doesnt matter when DiSalvo had twice the intensity and power of LW, paticularly on WS.... i think that DiSalvo fit the music quite well in fact.

Mick Jagger and John Lennon Suck? I really disagree with that statement, especially Jagger- he doesnt have much of a voice left now, but the man is a legend. Hell I love putting on Forty Licks and singing along to the Stones ( I never sing along to songs either- except the stones).

i like DiSalvio

The beauty of the voice is in the ear of the listener; in metal and rock, genres where singing is totally seperate from any structure or theory, or singing classes etc. it is almost impossible to have any real objective judgment. However, whomever likes LaBrie needs serious help.

poltergeist said:
heavy metal rules and shit but i was thinking about how there really has been some awful vocalists over the years. what are some of the singers yall think are perticularly awful?

my pick is that DiAnno charactor who was iron maidens first vocalist. its funny how iron maiden has had one of hte very best singers ever and two of the very worst ones.

also, diamond heads singer comes to mind. this guy is even worse than DiAnno. i heard this metallica bootleg where they got the singer of diamond head to sing am i evil and i swear he sounds just like a goat.

I am not sure I can name any of them in particular, but in a nutshell, if I can understand what they are saying, then they suck. With the exception of Tom Araya of course.

Mike.