the lousiest vocalists in heavy metal

Well...Lord Worm is...horrible. He just sounded like farts, random shouting and grunts. Mike DiSalvo may have a hardcore voice(sorta) but he sure as hell craps all over Lord Worm.

Nothing wrong with prog metal or power metal vocalists, it's just that most of them sound like they had a sex change. I like Russel Allen from Symphony X, he has a great voice. Bruce Dickinson doesn't piss me off as much as well. If you name me some power metal band that has a vocalist that doesn't sound like they got their balls chopped off without sounding overtly male opera like, then I'd try them out and like more power metal vocalists.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Phil Anselmo?

Has anyone heard Cowboys From Hell?
I have and i love the album. Sure, that may be his best vocal performance, but i still say it's not that great. Plus, i'm taking latter-day Pantera, Down, Superjoint Ritual, etc. into account, where his voice just sucks complete and utter donkey balls.

Wicked Child said:
I have and i love the album. Sure, that may be his best vocal performance, but i still say it's not that great. Plus, i'm taking latter-day Pantera, Down, Superjoint Ritual, etc. into account, where his voice just sucks complete and utter donkey balls.

absolutely right and pretty much exactly what i was gonna say about phil anselmo. his one good performance does not make up for all of his utterly shitty ones

and i could go on all day about how much mick jagger sucks, but then again i am rather young so i probably dont appreciate the rolling stones as much as older people. in my opinion there is nothign more overrated than the rolling stones and the beatles.

i cant stand type o negative either

SunlapseVertigo said:
you can go on all you want with the "hardcore vocals" thing (even though he doesn't sound much like a hardcore vocalist at all to me, and i do listen to hardcore), because it doesnt matter when DiSalvo had twice the intensity and power of LW, paticularly on WS.... i think that DiSalvo fit the music quite well in fact.
I think Lord Worm had much more impact on the music and helped create rhythms with his voice that DiSalvo didn't.......DiSalvo just barks out the same sound in his tough guy voice and occasionally screams or changes......Lord Worm was all over the place and helped add to the upredictability of the music....DiSalvo does fit their new style, but their new style sucks especially compared to None So Vile

My main beef with DiSalvo wasn't that his vocals were more of a hardcore style, but that they were genuinely weak for any kind of hardcore vocalist. He barely did anything more than talk fast and aggressively, and he sounded so fake, gahhhh. All the hardcore vocalists i've heard at least have depth to their vocals, DiSalvo's were just thin and scratchy, irregardless of whether they suited the music.