the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
brann dailor > neal peart, imo. peart was great and innovative, but dailor does stuff that's about 85% as complex but at 2x the speed. if you don't know how good he is, you haven't really listened to him.

the rest of the band > , though.

...the point, which you badly missed, being that it's harder to play something 85% as complex (though no less well written) at 2x the speed than, well, 100% as complex at half the speed. i have no doubt dailor could reasonably replicate any of peart's stuff. there is no way peart could play what dailor plays, just because it's so fucking fast.

get it?

Well I'm going to keep this civil because I've been arguing with enough morons on this forum today. Being a drummer I can, from experience in actually play the instrument in question, tell you that saying Neil Peart couldn't play what Dailor composes is completely false. Speed is the easiest thing to achieve and maintain in the drumming world.

get it? k next thread peace out

neal peart, in no conceivable way, not from anything of his i've ever heard in any Rush song or drum solo ever, could by any stretch of my mind possibly replicate the astounding number of hits brann dailor produces. no fucking way.

i say that, also, as a drummer, there, guy.

the drummer from the cardigans also rules. ftw.

Nina%20Persson.bmp
zlatovlaska_1v.jpg

SG-nina-bar.JPG

nina <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.