the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love The Mighty Boosh
The%20Mighty%20Boosh.jpg

But read the Dark Tower series first, bitches.

I have not read any of these books; I'd like to some day, but I've got quite a good bit of reading lined up that should last me quite a while. I have, however, heard quite a bit about them and it seems to me that one would get more out of the Dark Tower series if they read some of his other work first so that they'd get the references.

While we're on Mr. King: It. Not quite as awesome as The Stand but still pretty great.

I love windows media player

lt sorts everything I download from soulseek perfectly - otherwise I would have to look through thousands of 01 (insert song name) 02 (insert song name) files to find anything

Use Foobar2000, virtually no imprint on your memory, customizable as hell, tabbed playlists, really simple interface, fucking fantastic and it destroys WMP, Winamp and all other music players around.

I have not read any of these books; I'd like to some day, but I've got quite a good bit of reading lined up that should last me quite a while. I have, however, heard quite a bit about them and it seems to me that one would get more out of the Dark Tower series if they read some of his other work first so that they'd get the references.

Nah, it's not necessary. The Dark Tower books are the first of his work I've ever read and I don't believe a lack of knowledge of his past novels is too grating. Go for it, man.

I love The Stand by Stephen King. Every single on of you should start reading it right now.
I'm a big King fan too
The Stand was alright, the 2nd volume was boring. though. All his epic narratives tend to meander and turn cheesy halfway through. The same happened with IT. The first part of the novel was very captivating, but the second one-from the point when the characters grow up and meet again to defeat that thing I lost interest. I loved Pet Semetary(the movie sucked), Misery(great movie too) and Rose Madder a lot

I'm rereading Sebastien Japrisot for the umptenth time. His "The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun" and "Trap for Cinderella" are jawdroppingly brilliant psychological detective stories, that should not be missed by any fan of the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.