the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they pretty much cover everything when it comes to metal vocals

- power/heavy metal falsettos
- death metal growling
-black metal screeching
- nu-metal/metalcore clean singing (though it's not too bad)

I saw an Into Eternity video on Headbanger's Ball. I really hated the guy's clean vocals. Other than that it was ok. I can definitely see the appeal.

I fucking hate metalcore/nu metal vocals 99.99999999999% of the time but it's not too bad with Into Eternity

I like clean vox, not operatic tones or female singers.

It depends on the sound of the band.

I love death vocals as well as clean vocals. Some bands really can't use the operatic tones and some bands can't really work well with female singers. Like I said before, it depends on the sound of the music that the band is playing -- as well as the vocal talents of the singer.

I dislike female singers in metal in general. I'm not sexist or anything, but it just sounds weird.

Depends on your taste. I like Simone Simons when she's doing side vocals for Kamelot... But I can't stand her Epica. I don't think she has what it takes to lead a band. Mark Jansen's growls piss me off as well. But, whatever. I suppose my rants belong in the hate thread ;)

Depends on your taste. I like Simone Simons when she's doing side vocals for Kamelot... But I can't stand her Epica. I don't think she has what it takes to lead a band. Mark Jansen's growls piss me off as well. But, whatever. I suppose my rants belong in the hate thread ;)

I don't mind her in Kamelot either, but she doesn't sing that much. The two women in Therion ruined the album, imo.

I don't mind her in Kamelot either, but she doesn't sing that much. The two women in Therion ruined the album, imo.

Haha. In agreement.

Sure, Simone is pretty -- but there's something wrong then the majority of the metalheads at your show are only there to see your breasts bounce in your corset.

Vocals are very important to me, and they usually seal or break the deal. I think 3 Inches of Blood are pretty good, but the vocals make me reluctant to listen to them more. The vocals are also the main reason I don't like Black Metal. I can't stand that weird, high growl thing they do. I was listening to some Immortal once. I really liked the music but the vocals made me turn it off.

I like clean vocals the best, but I also like... well, I don't know what you'd call them, but John Bush type vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.