the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria-Grazia-Cucinotta-3.jpg

cucinotta3.JPG

cucinotta1.JPG

human perfection??

The Sopranos was excellent for the fisrt few seasons, and then it went so, so downhill.

People say that, but when you go back and watch the later seasons they really are the funniest. The supporting characters like Ralphie, Feech, Little Carmine and so on really make those seasons. Who could forget Janice rogering Ralphie with a dildo and calling him "mamma's little whore", Gigi dying on the toilet or Christopher suffocating Adrianna's dog? "She must of crawled under there for warmth." Or every fucking thing involving Vito? Especially him and Finn in that episode in the fifth season. And of course, the all time greatest episode, Pine Barrens.

"Russians? They're not all bad."

"How about the Cuban missile crisis? Cocksuckers moved nuclear warheads into Cuba, pointed them right at us!"

"That was real? I saw that movie. I thought it was bullshit."

People say that, but when you go back and watch the later seasons they really are the funniest. The supporting characters like Ralphie, Feech, Little Carmine and so on really make those seasons. Who could forget Janice rogering Ralphie with a dildo and calling him "mamma's little whore", Gigi dying on the toilet or Christopher suffocating Adrianna's dog? "She must of crawled under there for warmth." Or every fucking thing involving Vito? Especially him and Finn in that episode in the fifth season. And of course, the all time greatest episode, Pine Barrens.

"Russians? They're not all bad."

"How about the Cuban missile crisis? Cocksuckers moved nuclear warheads into Cuba, pointed them right at us!"

"That was real? I saw that movie. I thought it was bullshit."

When I say it went downhill, I mean seasons five and six. Everything before that was gold (especially Pine Barrens). I can't remember when Ralphie was there, but I think that was season four or so. The fifth and sixth seasons- while still worth watching- just weren't as good. The only really good story arch they had in S5 was the Tony B. story, and then S6 didn't even seem to have a story arch outside of Vito and Johnnycakes. S6 was almost like a bunch of stand-alone episodes.

edit: I almost forgot about Adrianna! Did she make her exit in S5? I think she did. You know, I think I'm going to retract what I said about S5 not being as good.

When I say it went downhill, I mean seasons five and six. Everything before that was gold (especially Pine Barrens). I can't remember when Ralphie was there, but I think that was season four or so. The fifth and sixth seasons- while still worth watching- just weren't as good. The only really good story arch they had in S5 was the Tony B. story, and then S6 didn't even seem to have a story arch outside of Vito and Johnnycakes. S6 was almost like a bunch of stand-alone episodes.

edit: I almost forgot about Adrianna! Did she make her exit in S5? I think she did. You know, I think I'm going to retract what I said about S5 not being as good.

Ralphie was in series three and four, Adrianna was killed almost at the end of the fifth series. Series six was a bit different and I'd agree, the weakest of them all, although I've only seen it twice. It dealt more with Tony as a person, as in his making personal realisations after the shooting. The main story arc came later with Tony trying to avoid war with New York over his refusal to give Vito to Phil. Then there was also Johnny Sack going to jail and so on. I was very disappointed with the ending, but then you have to bear in mind that season six was a split season and there are more episodes to come. But given the overall quality of the show, I'm sure that it will have a satisfactory conclusion.

so I was watching an episode yesterday downstairs in front of my mom

tony started beating the shit out of some dude, and I started laughing hysterically (I couldn't control it). Needless to say, my mom was disturbed at the sight

so I was watching an episode yesterday downstairs in front of my mom

tony started beating the shit out of some dude, and I started laughing hysterically (I couldn't control it). Needless to say, my mom was disturbed at the sight

The Sopranos was a family event in my house. We even had big dinners on the nights of season premiers. I say "was" because everyone is kind of disenchanted with is after season six and the long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.