the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankees, huh, anyone who likes them should be shot :)

The Yankees ruined baseball.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LETS HAVE A SALARY CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of the same damn teams always making the post-season.

yankees haven't won shit in 6 or 7 years

I would be inclined to agree with you if they were winning the series every year, but that's clearly not the case. There are lots of good teams out there

I would be inclined to agree with you if they were winning the series every year, but that's clearly not the case. There are lots of good teams out there

When was the last time the yankees didn't make the post-season? Or any other team that didn't spend at least 90million$ a year in payroll?

florida in 03
anaheim in 02 (I think but I am not sure)
arizona in 01

there is plenty of parity in baseball

edit: 12 teams last year won at least 85 games and no team even won a 98 games

how much more parity can you ask for than that??

florida in 03
anaheim in 02 (I think but I am not sure)
arizona in 01

there is plenty of parity in baseball

edit: 12 teams last year won at least 85 games and no team even won a 98 games

how much more parity can you ask for than that??

Arizona had over 90million...

Schilling
Johnson
Gonzales

those 3 alone cost them a ton.

And 1-2 teams in the past 6 years >.>

Baseball is one of the biggest things I'm going to miss when I'm in the UK. Nothing like my Mets.

I mean by spending 250$ million a year on players, monopolizing all the good players and making it so the lesser market teams have 0 shot at ever making it anywhere *cough* DevilRays *cough* Pirates *

The Yanks have a owner that is willing to what he can to win. I'm not a yankee fan but I applaud Steinbrenner. It's the owners of sucky teams(royals, devil rays, etc) that should be blamed when teams are consistently bad.

Have you been watching / listen to any of the ST games? Yanks are 5-1 so far (just lost to Cleveland today). Yeah, I know they're just practice games, but it's still nice.

I like watching st games. One of these years I'm gonna go down to wherever the Giants are and get all the autographs.

^^^ lol

my sister is in love with albert pujols

one day I was watching the all star game and they had pujols on there doing an interview, my sister walked into the room and her jaw dropped when she saw pujols. It was pretty funny

The Yanks have a owner that is willing to what he can to win. I'm not a yankee fan but I applaud Steinbrenner. It's the owners of sucky teams(royals, devil rays, etc) that should be blamed when teams are consistently bad.

So you think the royals and devil rays have the market to go spend 200 million?

THE OWNERS OF THE LESSER MARKET TEAMS SPEND WHAT THEY CAN SPEND IF THEY TRIED TO DO WHAT THE YANKEES DID THEY WOULD GO... BANKRUPT!!!! Not everyone can spend like the yankees/redsox's of the world. Thats why there needs to be a salary cap to promote more competition. Everyone knows the yankees are going to make the post-season every year.

They came in first place in the AL East every year since they won the World Series last. They may not have won the World Series since 2000, but they have still been a dominant team since then. Not even the Red Sox (who have for the most part been a pretty damn good team in the past decade) have not managed to finish in first place ahead of the Yankees.

that's where you are a bit misinformed

plenty of owners would rather pocket money than spend it to put a winning product on the field

a ballclub like cincinatti could easily have an 80 90 million dollar payroll if they wanted to, but their owner is far more concerned with making maximum profit than winning

that's where you are a bit misinformed

plenty of owners would rather pocket money than spend it to put a winning product on the field

a ballclub like cincinatti could easily have an 80 90 million dollar payroll if they wanted to, but their owner is far more concerned with making maximum profit than winning

Why are you so against a salary cap? Maybe because your precious yankees won't be so goddamn dominant every year? And instead of throwing insane amounts of money out, making every other team do the same, and also increasing ticket prices and every other goddamn merchandise price?

Salary Cap is good for everyone, but the few teams who spend 200++ million a year to almost guarentee themselves a spot in the post-season.

LOL I am actually a cubs fan

and I don't give a shit about the salary cap because there is plenty of parity in the league

the only purpose of a salary cap is to fix disparity. Why try to fix it if it ain't broken??

Status
Not open for further replies.