the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:kickass:

I never really had much interest in the Western front. The battle of the Bulge was the only one I was really interested in. Where as the East was just mass slaughter, and the campaigns were huge, I find it so interesting the fact that millions of people died in single campaigns alone. Its just mind blowing.

Sounds like WWI more up your alley :)

There were a few battles alone with 2mil+ casualties.

Nah, WW1 wasnt my scene. Trench warfare is stupid and boring. That was a complete waste of men, just walking over the trench to the enemies, getting mowed down by machine gun fire. I prefer city battles like Stalingrad, Kharkov, Moscow.

To SAO.. I would but there's this bullshit thing called love and whenever I try to think anything negative about her it slaps me in the face. Here I am in the wake of ending a 3 year relationship and all I'm thinking is all of the things I should have done. 3 years, and this thought process is taking days. I've been scanning over all my memories and I realized that it's not her who did anything, and she's not doing this because she hates me, shes doing it because she can't put any effort into something I wouldn't put any effort into either. So now I'm stuck trying to get her back and I'm doing anything and everything imagineable, and making things worth all the while. Any suggestions? Yes, I realize I'm asking testosterone crazy metal freaks relationship advice but at this point I'm out of ideas.

By the way Crepes filled with eggs and bacon and ham with a side of pancakes and a glass of milk pwns every breakfast.

Nah, WW1 wasnt my scene. Trench warfare is stupid and boring. That was a complete waste of men, just walking over the trench to the enemies, getting mowed down by machine gun fire. I prefer city battles like Stalingrad, Kharkov, Moscow.

WWI pissed me off so much. I agree with what you said. I would read passages about it and be like "WHAT THE FUCK!" Losing 300,000 men just to move up 300 yards then retreat back 200 is just fucking ridiculous.

:kickass:

I never really had much interest in the Western front. The battle of the Bulge was the only one I was really interested in. Where as the East was just mass slaughter, and the campaigns were huge, I find it so interesting the fact that millions of people died in single campaigns alone. Its just mind blowing.

Aye. From studying a lot more about the East I'm beginning to have a huge appreciation for it. Of course, I still find the European Theater to be the post interesting! Something I could never really take that much of an interest in was the Pacific. Just doesn't appeal to me...

WWI pissed me off so much. I agree with what you said. I would read passages about it and be like "WHAT THE FUCK!" Losing 300,000 men just to move up 300 yards then retreat back 200 is just fucking ridiculous.

Aye. From studying a lot more about the East I'm beginning to have a huge appreciation for it. Of course, I still find the European Theater to be the post interesting! Something I could never really take that much of an interest in was the Pacific. Just doesn't appeal to me...

Damn straight, and yeah the Pacific fight was pretty pointless. Taking little islands one at a time, in the end just drop the A bomb and you're done.

Dave, Priest are amazing. Well done. Keep listening

Damn straight, and yeah the Pacific fight was pretty pointless. Taking little islands one at a time, in the end just drop the A bomb and you're done.

Hell yea. Though, I thought Letters from Iwo Jima was amazing, and it got me slightly more interested in battles such as that... But other than that, I just don't have any interest!

And... you can't go wrong with Judas Priest. \m/

@IcedMaidenAllica -- Dump her. It's not worth it to be with somebody who doesn't feel the same way about you. It will never work out.

I have not listened to much of anything with harsh vocals lately outside of when I go the gym (which is strictly the most brutal death metal that I listen to)

been exploring alot of power, prog, thrash and heavy metal

I finally read the first post:

I love metal.
I love going to metal shows no matter what band plays
I love chocolate.
I love good food.
I love kitties.
I love learning how to skate.
I love parties.

Death, black, and grindcore are my favorite genres of metal. I'm not a big fan of too much clean vocals unless it's from a female singer or the classics.

Nothing wrong with that. The dark side compels thee.

I know. I find myself unable to go more than a few hours without listening to something evil and brutal. Oh well, I guess it's better than being addicted to heroin or something. :rolleyes:

Hell Awaits Us All said:
wow strong serial killer potential

Hooray, you finally got an avatar!

Pointless? It was the most important theatre of war for the US in WWII. You do know the Japanese invaded alaska right? Albeit very small force. If we didn't win the Pacific theatre we would all be speaking Japanese right now.

Little islands?

Phillipines
Guadal Canal
Burma
China
etc.

Pacific Theatre encompasses so much more. (Naval/Air/and land battles) Also, Pacific Theatre was much more intense fighting then in the eastern/western theatre of war. I don't find the eastern theatre of war too exciting because all the russians basically did, was retreat back over and over until Stalingrad, sacrificing men. Not to mention when 1 in 2 soldiers has a weapon >.> ya ok. At least in the Pacific Theatre the Japanese didn't retreat and they actually stood and fought their ground and went crazy at times BONZAI BONZAI :)

Only enjoyable(pretty grotesque saying that, but meh) battle in the eastern front was Kursk.

Pointless? It was the most important theatre of war for the US in WWII. You do know the Japanese invaded alaska right? Albeit very small force. If we didn't win the Pacific theatre we would all be speaking Japanese right now.

Little islands?

Phillipines
Guadal Canal
Burma
China
etc.

Pacific Theatre encompasses so much more. (Naval/Air/and land battles) Also, Pacific Theatre was much more intense fighting then in the eastern/western theatre of war. I don't find the eastern theatre of war too exciting because all the russians basically did, was retreat back over and over until Stalingrad, sacrificing men. Not to mention when 1 in 2 soldiers has a weapon >.> ya ok. At least in the Pacific Theatre the Japanese didn't retreat and they actually stood and fought their ground and went crazy at times BONZAI BONZAI :)

Only enjoyable(pretty grotesque saying that, but meh) battle in the eastern front was Kursk.

I don't think he was trying to disvalue the fighting and sacrifice that happened in the Pacific.

I really need to start listening to more power metal. I fear that I'm going to listen to so much death/black metal that my tolerance will fail and I'll hate it all.

Which is highly unlikely. :)

Power >.> bleh

Listen to

Archeon
Norther

(That has your speed that power metal has, but with harsh vocals)

Status
Not open for further replies.