the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power >.> bleh

Listen to

Archeon
Norther

(That has your speed that power metal has, but with harsh vocals)

Power metal is great. Each subgenre has some brilliant moments!

Norther is amazing, though. So. Everybody listen to Norther as well! I love those guys! I agree about the speed, but the sound is nothing like power metal.

Power metal is great. Each subgenre has some brilliant moments!

Norther is amazing, though. So. Everybody listen to Norther as well! I love those guys! I agree about the speed, but the sound is nothing like power metal.

If you love norther check out Archeon they are infinitely better imho :)

I love that I have been asked to join a band on second guitar and do not even really want to regardless wanting to be in a metal band since 12 years old. I am in one of those really pessimistic moods lately. I am going to worry about if not being as good as the other guitarist and having to rehearse,etc...

I do not even really have anything better to do and am still really hesitant to show up and see how it goes.

Damn straight, and yeah the Pacific fight was pretty pointless. Taking little islands one at a time, in the end just drop the A bomb and you're done.

Dave, Priest are amazing. Well done. Keep listening

Your take on the Pacific theater is pretty short sighted. The fight was not over "little islands", it was over control of the Pacific Ocean. Yeah, pretty important. Not to mention Southeast Asia, the Phillipines, China... And there was lot more behind dropping the A-bombs than just beating Japan.

And yeah. JP = living Gods.

Lady_Laiho said:
I love kitties.

Cats are angels with fur, yes. I have five, including a little kitten. Kittens are usually so skiddish and afraid of everything, but he's very brave. It's bizzarre. Constantly picking fights with the other cars, as well as the dogs. He's going to get bitten in half, I swear.

Cats are disgusting, they choke on their own fur. I'm goin to steal a rhino and teach it to get my paper. plus i'll have it charge a horde of soldiers 300 style. My rhino would fuck up your 6 cats.

I've never gotten into JP. I've heard a bit of their shit and I wouldn't say I'm an expert on them at all, but I always figured if I wanted old-school I'd listen to Motorhead or Maiden, both of which are excellent. Just not my thing I guess.

@SAO I would if I knew she didn't feel the same way. The thing is she does, but she's punishing me at the moment to see if I'll stick through it, fight for her and all that. And I am and I will, but it's still shit.

You guys know a lot about war. Jeez. I slept through US history, took it in summer school and my summer school teacher showed us Braveheart for our final exam. Yeah, nothing to do with america. But great movie, best movie ever.

I love Suidakra. That folky shit with some death metal influence really gets me fuckin goin.

I also love 300. What a badass movie.

I hate it when women play games like that, though.

Hmmmmm. I want to find a man ov metal when I go to the UK.

Your take on the Pacific theater is pretty short sighted. The fight was not over "little islands", it was over control of the Pacific Ocean. Yeah, pretty important. Not to mention Southeast Asia, the Phillipines, China... And there was lot more behind dropping the A-bombs than just beating Japan.

Yes but Europe and Russia are much, much bigger in terms of warfare (1,000s of tanks fighting at Kursk etc). 0.0001% of the Pacific is islands and as you said it was fighting over the Pacific and the ocean is comprised of islands, without control of the islands you cant do much (launch strikes on the next target etc). You Americans just have your pride in that because it was your war against Japan. Also despite the Japanese being die hard the Germans were a far greater enemy in terms of equipment, training, and so on.

Yes but Europe and Russia are much, much bigger in terms of warfare (1,000s of tanks fighting at Kursk etc). 0.0001% of the Pacific is islands and as you said it was fighting over the Pacific and the ocean is comprised of islands, without control of the islands you cant do much (launch strikes on the next target etc). You Americans just have your pride in that because it was your war against Japan. Also despite the Japanese being die hard the Germans were a far greater enemy in terms of equipment, training, and so on.

Control of the Pacific Ocean is a pretty big fucking deal. How do you not see that? You're point about this being an "American Pride" thing is ridiculous because A.) The British were involved in the Asian theater as well and B.) We were heavily involved in the European theater.

I will agree that the Germans were a stong enemy. I would actually consider the German military of WWII to be one of the(of not the) greatest in history, though "die hard" isn't a strong enough word to desrcibe how fierce the Japanese were.

And, again, you're ignoring the fighting in the Phillipines and the Asian mainland.

Status
Not open for further replies.