the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lulz, look up gay-rod's stats last year

OPS - #23 in the Majors
HR - #18 (tied with 6 other guys)
RBI - #8 (more of a product of guys in front of him who always get on base)
Avg - #63

Derek Lee's stats in his last healthy year are comparable, if not better, than anything gay - rod has ever done offensively in his career (and D lee is a gold glover)

You are stupid. Rodriguez' career has been 1000 times more productive than Lees. And of course RBI's are a product of the guys getting on base. You don't get rbis only off homers. :Smug:

lulz, look up gay-rod's stats last year

OPS - #23 in the Majors
HR - #18 (tied with 6 other guys)
RBI - #8 (more of a product of guys in front of him who always get on base)
Avg - #63

Derek Lee's stats in his last healthy year are comparable, if not better, than anything gay - rod has ever done offensively in his career (and D lee is a gold glover)

Holy shit are you stupid?

(A-Rod is also a gold glover. And being a gold glover at first base isn't that huge a deal.)

(I meant "distinct" in my last post, by the way).

Yeah, I really, really want him to stay, and I think he will if he has a good season and does well in October (even if they don't win- if he does well, I think he'll be fine). However, I would not blame him for leaving. The way he's been treated is appauling. If he leaved, the fuck faces who gave him all that shit are going to be really fucking sorry when he comes back in an Giants uni and smokes Yankee pitching.

i fixed that

You are stupid. Rodriguez' career has been 1000 times more productive than Lees. And of course RBI's are a product of the guys getting on base. You don't get rbis only off homers. :Smug:

that's not what I said, Derek Lee's last full healthy year is very comparable, and superior in many ways, to anything A-rod has ever done

and Dlee is a 10000000000000000000000000000000000000x better defender at 1b

Holy shit are you stupid?

(A-Rod is also a gold glover. And being a gold glover at first base isn't that huge a deal.)

A-rod used to be a gold glover, now he is a very average/mediocre defender

and look up D lee's 05 numbers to a-rod's career best numbers

D lee has better OPS, similar avg, similar homeruns, etc... and D lee put up his numbers in a horrible lineup, not in texas

well Dlee is playing at that level once again right now

there's no reason to believe he won't continue to hit that well, I'd imagine he will put up .320 avg - 40 hr - 125 RBI this year

A-rod has been one of the best players in the league for a long time

but If Dlee continues to hit like he has this already this year and in 2005 (and if you consider his gold glove defense), he should clearly be in the consideration for one of the best players in all of baseball

that's not what I said, Derek Lee's last full healthy year is very comparable, and superior in many ways, to anything A-rod has ever done

and Dlee is a 10000000000000000000000000000000000000x better defender at 1b

No, no, no. Stop sucking Lee's cock.

Rodriguez, last year, his .290 with 121 RBI, 35 HR's and 113 runs scored. That was an "off year" for him. He had a huge slump in the middle of the season and still put up numbers that, if Lee did it, you'd be saying he was the next Hank Aaron.

What did Lee do last year? .286 / 30 / 8 / 30. But you don't want to count last year, so lets look at what the each did in 2005:

Rodriguez: .321 / 130 / 48 / 124

Lee
: .335 / 107 / 46 / 124

And career numbers...

Rodriguez: .306 / 1356 / 467 / 1365

Lee: .277 / 657 / 216 / 674.

They are also the same age, and yet A-Rod broke into the majors three years earlier and his numbers make it look like it's been a lot longer than that. He was also the youngest ever to hit 400 HR's, and I suppose this season he'll become the youngest to 500.

Rodriguez > Lee.

andrew I like how you conveniently forgot the only #s that really matter - OBP slugging and OPS (RBI are a direct result of having high OBP teammates, they have very little to do with a player's performance)

A-rod - .421 .610 1.031
D Lee- .418 .662 1.080

now the most important thing you have to consider here is that D lee did this on a very mediocre cubs team with very little in front or behind him (with the exception of aramis ramirez), A-rod put up his stats on THE YANKEES for god's sakes where there is about 7 all stars in one lineup

and as far as the past goes, none of it really matters now. While it is very obvious that A-rod has had a far superior career, at the level both are playing right now offensively and defensively, D lee is VERY comparable to Rodriguez

andrew I like how you conveniently forgot the only #s that really matter - OBP slugging and OPS (RBI are a direct result of having high OBP teammates, they have very little to do with a player's performance)

A-rod - .421 .610 1.031
D Lee- .418 .662 1.080

now the most important thing you have to consider here is that D lee did this on a very mediocre cubs team with very little in front or behind him (with the exception of aramis ramirez), A-rod put up his stats on THE YANKEES for god's sakes where there is about 7 all stars in one lineup

I didn't know I was talking to Billy Beane! I had no idea RBI don't say anything about a players performance! :rolleyes:

What you're doing here is just picking out the numbers that makes Lee look better (he isn't) and saying that they are they ones that matter most (they aren't). RBI's and runs scored fucking matter more than OBP. You can have the highest OBP in the league. It doesn't matter if you don't score runs or drive them in.

Another thing you are conveniently forgetting is that A-Rod has played for 12 years and only three of them with the Yankees.

and as far as the past goes, none of it really matters now. While it is very obvious that A-rod has had a far superior career, at the level both are playing right now offensively and defensively, D lee is VERY comparable to Rodriguez

Right now? The season is a week old!

And the yankees and cubs are both gay. Both spend more money than those skanks on my sweet sixteen thing on mtv and still suck. Wooo yankees, spend 8 billion dollars on players and dont win. Cubs and Red Sox are the same, which makes the cubs even more sad. How about you root for a team that doesnt have the GDP of a european country?

And the yankees and cubs are both gay. Both spend more money than those skanks on my sweet sixteen thing on mtv and still suck. Wooo yankees, spend 8 billion dollars on players and dont win. Cubs and Red Sox are the same, which makes the cubs even more sad. How about you root for a team that doesnt have the GDP of a european country?

You're either kidding or have downs syndrome.

I didn't know I was talking to Billy Beane! I had no idea RBI don't say anything about a players performance! :rolleyes:

What you're doing here is just picking out the numbers that makes Lee look better (he isn't) and saying that they are they ones that matter most (they aren't). RBI's and runs scored fucking matter more than OBP. You can have the highest OBP in the league. It doesn't matter if you don't score runs or drive them in.

Another thing you are conveniently forgetting is that A-Rod has played for 12 years and only three of them with the Yankees.

RBI and runs scored are a team stat. They have very little to nothing to do with the individual players

A-rod scored more runs because he had far better players behind him who would constantly drive him in

as far as RBI's go, look at this stat: total at bats with runners on base
A-rod - 305
D lee - 236

at bats with runners in scoring position
A-rod - 186
D Lee - 124

D lee had superior numbers in both situations but because of the huge disparity in total opportunities, A-rod had 23 more RBI. With the exact same amount of opportunities, D Lee would have droven in 140 runs

Right now? The season is a week old!

right now meaning at the level Lee has played at now and his last healthy year. There's no reason whatsoever to believe that Lee will not continue to hit like he has done so far this year and like he did in 2005 (2006 was irrelevant as the man had so many injuries)

The fact that you are just writing off motherfucking RBI AND RUNS SCORED proves that you don't actually want to make a point and that you just want an excuse to say that Lee is better, which he just plain isn't. You also ignore, once again, that only three off his twelve seasons were with the Yankees.

And using hypothetical points isn't helping, either. Lee is an above average player who was MVP caliber for a year. A-Rod is often considered to be one of the best to ever play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.