the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hockey >>> baseball and I think the Wings vs Flames game today proved that. The last five minutes were so fuckin' crazy. I mean, the Wings had that game won in the first period but shit penalty after penalty - and wow at the Flames backup goalie fuckin' doing some slashing.

I love that I am listening to nile "unas slayer of gods" and it is a fucking masterpiece of epic proportions :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

the part at about 9-10:00 when it sounds like some egyption warrior speaking is epic as fuck

Actually yeah and I really don't care what you have to say and if you believe me or not. Attendance records? RIIIIIIIGHT. Maybe certain teams but the whole league? No get your shit right before you insult me. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just because you're jonesing for baseball doesnt mean over half the US feels the same. Faggot. Baseball is getting fewer and fewer fans and you wana know where they are going? Yeah, thats right, the MLS. Soccer, because baseball is boring.

Actually yeah and I really don't care what you have to say and if you believe me or not. Attendance records? RIIIIIIIGHT. Maybe certain teams but the whole league? No get your shit right before you insult me. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just because you're jonesing for baseball doesnt mean over half the US feels the same. Faggot. Baseball is getting fewer and fewer fans and you wana know where they are going? Yeah, thats right, the MLS. Soccer, because baseball is boring.

you don't know what the hell you are talking about, I would suggest you STFU before you are made to look like a clown... as usual

Lol by the kid who got banned from the bodybuilding forum, you're going to make me look like a clown? go ahead and look up your stats on espn.com, and pretend you've known them for years. you and tiacn pretend you know oh so much about baseball, in fact i'm pretty sure you said once you "studied the game for 7 years." NIIIIICE. hahahaha whatd you do, sit in a baseball library? read up on all the details? my guess is you're really proud of yourself when a girl asks you a rule in baseball and you can describe it to her. and by a girl i obviously mean a guy. school me? really? what could you POSSIBLY tell me that i would go damn, i was wrong, so wrong that i might go crying to my mother? you pretend you know stuff, but you dont. so go, look up your stats on espn.com, and ill do the same on a different site, and then we can e-faggot battle our way out of a stupid fucking point. what im saying is baseball is boring, the salary cap makes it an auction and not a sport, and id rather watch competitive spitting. so the next time you want to "school" me, try it on someone else, because i'm not on roids that shrink my nuts and my brain at the same time like your other e-homo friends. blow me, faggot.

Edit: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=84163 may be a little outdated, so heres attendance for 2005 http://www.answers.com/topic/major-league-baseball-attendance-records and http://sports.netscape.com/story/2006/09/30/major-league-baseball-attendance-records-set/ shows that the YANKEES had a high attendance, WHO WOULDA THOUGHT! ITS LIKE GOING TO THE ALLSTAR GAME EVERY DAY! yeah, "research" is hard to do! finding an average is like having two assholes, whats the point? Just because the yanks and sox and dodgers and blah blah blah have a high attendance also means that other teams have to MOVE CITIES BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES WATCHING BASEBALL. You don't see this in any other sport. Pittsburgh is moving the Penguins cuz they have no money, Seattle is moving the Sonics because they SUCK. Nobody moves because they have no fans. JUST BASEBALL. and you know why? because there is no salary cap. fans generate revenue spent on players, and without fans teams cant get players. if you have a cap you can have more players on more teams, which is why football is fun to watch. no team is loaded, everyone has a chance. don't pretend you know more about baseball than i do, you dont. in fact, you know absolutely nothing about baseball. being a cubs fan pretty much proves that.

Hockey >>> baseball and I think the Wings vs Flames game today proved that. The last five minutes were so fuckin' crazy. I mean, the Wings had that game won in the first period but shit penalty after penalty - and wow at the Flames backup goalie fuckin' doing some slashing.

Go Sabres!!!

Baseball > Football > Hockey > Basketball > Everything else > Soccer > Arena Football.
For me, it's football > baseball > hockey > soccer > tennis > basketball > golf > NASCAR

But, to be honest, football and baseball are really the only sports I watch and follow. I must admit, that I'm not the all round sports fan kind of guy who follows every sport.

Edit: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=84163 may be a little outdated, so heres attendance for 2005 http://www.answers.com/topic/major-league-baseball-attendance-records and http://sports.netscape.com/story/2006/09/30/major-league-baseball-attendance-records-set/ shows that the YANKEES had a high attendance, WHO WOULDA THOUGHT! ITS LIKE GOING TO THE ALLSTAR GAME EVERY DAY! yeah, "research" is hard to do! finding an average is like having two assholes, whats the point? Just because the yanks and sox and dodgers and blah blah blah have a high attendance also means that other teams have to MOVE CITIES BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES WATCHING BASEBALL. You don't see this in any other sport. Pittsburgh is moving the Penguins cuz they have no money, Seattle is moving the Sonics because they SUCK. Nobody moves because they have no fans. JUST BASEBALL. and you know why? because there is no salary cap. fans generate revenue spent on players, and without fans teams cant get players. if you have a cap you can have more players on more teams, which is why football is fun to watch. no team is loaded, everyone has a chance. don't pretend you know more about baseball than i do, you dont. in fact, you know absolutely nothing about baseball. being a cubs fan pretty much proves that.

Holy fucking shit, you're actually quoting figures that disprove your point. How does the fact that the Yankees sold over 4 million tickets last season prove that "no one watches baseball"? What happened to do that damaged you so horribly? I was also amused by this but in particular:

MOVE CITIES BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES WATCHING BASEBALL. You don't see this in any other sport. Pittsburgh is moving the Penguins cuz they have no money, Seattle is moving the Sonics because they SUCK. Nobody moves because they have no fans. JUST BASEBALL. and you know why? because there is no salary cap.

Now you're just making shit up. The last team to move was the Montreal Expos before the 2005 season, who moves because they were bought by an ownership group in Washington. They had been sucking and not selling tickets for eleven years before that, so there goes your "argument". Teams moves because the owners figure they can sell more tickers else where. Before the Expos, the last team to move was the Seattle Pilots, who had only existed for one year before moving to Milwuakee before the 1970 season. 34 years between moves. And in those 34 years, the league expanded to include six more teams.

Major League Baseball has the highest attendance of any sport in the United States. How you can even begin to argue that Hockey, Basketball or motherfucking MLS draw more fans than MLB is fucking absurd. Oh, and lets not forget that baseball is a rapidly growing international sport. It's huge all over latin America and is growing in East Asia.

The simple fact of the matter is that, in the United States, MLB is far more popular than any other league, except for the NFL.

baseball having huge crowds only proves that most americans are menetally incapable. ive been to baseball games. there is an entire section for the clinically retarded, and sometimes i wonder if theyre smarter than the "normal" fans.

oh, and good job mentioning MLS to a brit. 90% americans dont have the mental ability to understand soccer. theyd rather watch someone scratch his nuts and take 20 minutes to step to the plate, only to have the ball go right by him because the pitcher didnt throw the ball where he wanted it.

soccer is the largest sport in the world, so you have to wonder, why americans hate it. perhaps its because theyre idiots. clearly the rest of the world gets it.
~gR~

Status
Not open for further replies.