The mars volta

First listen to and from an apartment I was looking at and I have to say this is an awesome album. Definitely going to take a bunch of listens to really sink in as most of it kinda sounds the same right now (but its a good sound). Maccampetechture has some awesome funkiness going on.

Wow, cool that they're coming out with a new album. I had a harder time getting into FTM than Deloused but highly anticipate the new one. Saw them live in 2004 and wasn't that familiar with them so I was a little lost when they went off on their spaced-out psychedelic improv jams but their energy was undeniable.

NineFeetUnderground said:
its an amazing album. as to be expected. probably the most important band in america at this point.

Without doubt the most important non-metal band. i still pick agalloch for being America's most important band overall though

Pethical said:
Without doubt the most important non-metal band. i still pick agalloch for being America's most important band overall though

agalloch? nobody has even heard of them. and theyre not even that good. the mars volta are a musical force to be reckoned with in any context or country. agalloch is a group of coffee shop musicians playing ulver/empyrium worship. no offense.

Pethical said:
umm... how about the white stripes?

The other week some of these people went to go see the mars volta ( these kids are all into the most horrendous of bands, but then again they are into the music for the novelty value of it so fair enough ) Any way id never really spoken to them before and they were like 'Oh well it was a bit boring i only wanted to see 'the widow' but they just played one big song'. Its like oh my god, They just flawlessly performed a huge improvisation for you and you dont even appreciate it. If thats not gettin value for money then i dont know what is. Goons.

I'm shallow. I saw photos of the band, with the white man afro hair and student look about them and vowed never to buy or download anything of theirs, ever. And I never will.
Student looking geeks should not be in metal bands, it's just not on.