The mars volta

Right, for a start you ignorant twat, The Mars Volta isnt a metal band. Secondly the mere thought of you actually judging the music on the appearance of the band when they look perfectly normal is plain outrageous. What on earth is wrong with you...

Scourge of Malice said:
I personally think their improvs I've heard from them are extremely boring. I'm sure if I was actually seeing it in person it would be different though.
do you find the video I posted above boring? just curious

Stormwatch said:
I'm shallow. I saw photos of the band, with the white man afro hair and student look about them and vowed never to buy or download anything of theirs, ever. And I never will.
Student looking geeks should not be in metal bands, it's just not on.
too bad it's so hard to detect sarcasm on the internet :erk: .......I mean you ARE joking right?

anyone who doesnt have the aptitude, patience or appreciation for a long and well executed improv of that nature...shouldnt be listening to a band like the mars volta. theyre probably one of the most challenging (dare i say, pop?) bands of this style in about 30 years. justy fyi

affinityband said:
Right, for a start you ignorant twat, The Mars Volta isnt a metal band. Secondly the mere thought of you actually judging the music on the appearance of the band when they look perfectly normal is plain outrageous. What on earth is wrong with you...

Well I DID say I was shallow.
BTW your band is hilariously bad.

I am still searching for the music on The Frances The Mute album but there is a rumor that between all the noise, the band was kind enough to put actual music.

Does anybody has info on this ?

Thx.

NineFeetUnderground said:
anyone who doesnt have the aptitude, patience or appreciation for a long and well executed improv of that nature...shouldnt be listening to a band like the mars volta. theyre probably one of the most challenging (dare i say, pop?) bands of this style in about 30 years. justy fyi

I think your boner for them is a little too big right now :cool:

Scourge of Malice said:
I think your boner for them is a little too big right now :cool:

why? because i speak highly of a band which deserves it? besides, the brand new album JUST came out, is some added hype and appreciation so unfounded? lets see you say NOTHING when the next Opeth album hits.

a lot of Frances the Mute hate on the last page... not very sure where it's coming from, calling it unbearable and nothing but noise? :erk: have you even heard the album? what makes it worse than De-Loused? for sake of discussion

but Amputechture, damn... nobody has had it for very long yet, but I don't think anyone is going to have a problem saying it's their best yet by far... I'd say anyway... I really didn't know what to expect because they're in such a weird position... I mean they're played on MTV, the radio, they're definitely not underground, they have their own spotlight... but you can tell now it hasn't effected them in the least, they're officially their own run-away musical force and if Amputechture isn't going to be their peak I can't wait for them to hit it

The thing that makes it worse than De-Loused is that it just has stupidly long sections of Effects that when they get fucked up on the most potent of drugs, was a good idea. Personally i dont see it being that bad the first time you listen to it, because you dont know whats goin to come next. But it gets a little tiresome after a few listens.