The mars volta

Mars Volta is a f*ckin awesome band, and saying they're updated Yes is preposterous. There's more edginess on Deloused than all three of those bands had in their entire career, combined.

But Maynard's vocals are far superior.

affinityband said:
The Mars Volta singers way of singing is so natural, he completely lets him self go and i feel it sounds right. Iv never deemed his voice hard to get into, its quirky just the music. Maynard has a forced voice ya, but i still love it.

Are you homosexual or what?

i aint play this said:
Mer de Noms is amazing, Thirteenth Step is great, and Emotive sucks horribly.
really? i actually like 13th step as an album more. mer de noms has 3 libras though, which is my favorite song by them.

all_sins_undone said:
really? i actually like 13th step as an album more. mer de noms has 3 libras though, which is my favorite song by them.

''Mer de Noms'' has more ''hooks'' i think, and not so many introspective(or repetitive) parts like 13 step, plus the string arrangements/acoustic parts blended perfectly well with the sludgy riffs...13 step is really great but is a bit more irregular than Mer de Noms, and has 1 or 2 filler songs.

i aint play this said:
''Mer de Noms'' has more ''hooks'' i think, and not so many introspective(or repetitive) parts like 13 step, plus the string arrangements/acoustic parts blended perfectly well with the sludgy riffs...13 step is really great but is a bit more irregular than Mer de Noms, and has 1 or 2 filler songs.

i guess youre referring to 'crimes' and 'lullaby'? I am not too fond of those tracks either...pretty useless IMO.

I personally like 13ths step just a bit more than mer de noms in the end though, not much more though. As for emotive...i Like Passive quite a bit, and Counting bodies was interesting but all the rest were covers that for the most part didnt really do any justice to the actual song, or just didnt do anything...period.

*bumps*

The new album has been streaming in full on their myspace (and its also been leaked, but i decided to wait since i can hear the whole thing beforehand anyways)...which has given me the oppurtunity to get a good feel of it and as such...

I must say, Day of The Baphomets is fucking awesome, as is the whole album, but that and Tetragrammaton really stand out for me.