The mars volta

NineFeetUnderground said:
maynard doesnt sound forced? we are both talking about maynard of the rock band TOOL correct? i suggest you listen again.

Wtf, of course it is...btw even his ''melodic screaming'' sounds pretty natural to me, just like the Mars Volta dude sounds natural to you.

i aint play this said:
Wtf, of course it is...btw even his ''melodic screaming'' sounds pretty natural to me, just like the Mars Volta dude sounds natural to you.

theres a difference between "forced" and straining due to the tension of expression within that moment. a lead guitar player MIGHT bend a note further than it should go because hes caught up in the solo and gave too much *oomph* for lack of a better word...but that doesnt mean the note of the solo was "forced".

Benighted1 said:
Even on a song like three libras? I think thats a beautifully written really well sung song...

thats just super. im not degrading tool. just trying to give credit to the mars volta vocalist when i see OVER-praising to guys like maynard who i think are overrated vocalists.

TMV are to Yes, Can and Acid Mothers Temple as System of a Down are to Mr. Bungle and Slayer. In other words they're just a combination of superior artists dumbed down and commercialized for mainstream audiences.

in limbow said:
TMV are to Yes, Can and Acid Mothers Temple as System of a Down are to Mr. Bungle and Slayer. In other words they're just a combination of superior artists dumbed down and commercialized for mainstream audiences.

actually, thats entirely innacurate. but thats cool, observations are free, so i understand your desire to attempt one.

in limbow said:

lol ive heard people say that before but ive never seen anyone actually back it up

The Mars Volta singers way of singing is so natural, he completely lets him self go and i feel it sounds right. Iv never deemed his voice hard to get into, its quirky just the music. Maynard has a forced voice ya, but i still love it.