The mars volta

Dont make fun of penis cancer because its crude and it hurts people physically and mentally and one day it might happen to you so keep it cool. Yes!

NineFeetUnderground said:
lol at people who can listen to Tool and then complain about vocals from the volta.

Errrrrr WTF? thats about the dummest post I've seen from you NFU!
What the hell are you talking about? Their Vocal styles are totally different!

maynard is maybe the most overrated vocalist in a LONGG time. hes one of the few i still have trouble swallowing. the mars volta guy never once occured to me as an aquired taste, the guy could sing like he should since day one. i wasnt comparing vocal styles...just the conflict of accessibility and hype between the two. its like if everyone praised thom yorke, but then bitched about steven wilson.

Benighted1 said:
Errrrrr WTF? thats about the dummest post I've seen from you NFU!
What the hell are you talking about? Their Vocal styles are totally different!

your spelling of "dumbest" is quite laughable too. but obviously i needed to elaborate on the context of the comparison. which definitely wasnt vocal style...but you all are very quick to assume that im going to make such an irrational post. :rolleyes:

maynard is maybe the most overrated vocalist in a LONGG time. hes one of the few i still have trouble swallowing. the mars volta guy never once occured to me as an aquired taste, the guy could sing like he should since day one. i wasnt comparing vocal styles...just the conflict of accessibility and hype between the two. its like if everyone praised thom yorke, but then bitched about steven wilson.

Maynard has a more ''disciplined'' vocal style i think...the guy from Mars Volta gets a bit over the top. Btw you are definetely not the only one who dislikes Maynard's voice.

your spelling of "dumbest" is quite laughable too. but obviously i needed to elaborate on the context of the comparison. which definitely wasnt vocal style...but you all are very quick to assume that im going to make such an irrational post. :rolleyes:

sorry I hit the wrong key, my bad, what a DUMB mistake....
But come on, you are not one to talk about being quick to assume now are you?
I personally don't feel maynard sounds forced, especially not on A Perfect Circle...
What makes you think he sounds forced?