The Mistake That Set Me Rolling

Useful Idiot said:
How can you say stuff like that when you've been listening to metal for only 2 months...? It confuses me.

Because since then I've gotten hold of almost all the other Death albums, and I've listened to Meshuggah, Sepultura (more thrash-oriented but hey), In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Nile, Morbid Angel, and many others. So I do believe i'm entitled to that opinion. :cool:

sorry cant help you since i neither care for dark tranquility nor CoB nor maiden nor priest (i know the classics but not the discography)...

check nevermore! my fave band...progressiv thrash or smth

get this sacrament
the river dragon has come
the learning
death of passion
( www.nevermore.tv ) i believe they have some samples...

illbeleavinnow said:
Haha, this year. :D February 28th, 2003. When I turned 15. *realizas there's no escaping the hazing now*

So far, the only type which I don't ENJOY (not that I don't like, I like them all), is thrash.

Emperor - Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise (I also got all their other albums later)
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape (If you don't have this album shoot yourself and hire a necromancer to raise you back to life so you can buy it)
Metallica - Master of Puppets (honestly, I'm not too amazed as I was with Opeth, even though it's considered to be a true classic)
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains (took me a while to get used to his vocals after hearing the utterly Satanic voice of Mikael haha)
Death - Human (remains one of my favorite death albums of all time)
Ozzy OSbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (interesting album, not on my top 50, but really a nice album)
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality (IMO one of their weakest albums, besides a few select songs. Paranoid is so much better)
In Flames - Whoracle (wow. There's not much more that I can say, lol)

well death are pretty thrashy, and so are metallica in the old days :p get the latest kreator album :)

yeh and nevermore rule. i personally suggest the whole of Dreaming Neon Black.

as for children of bodom, the best imo are Hatebreeder and Hate Crew Deathroll.

For dark tranquillity, Projector is a personal favourite of mine, and The Gallery.

For Maiden, Powerslave is a must :p

Death BECAME thrash. From the beginning there were hints of it, because honestly, Chuck (RIP) didn't really have the greatest death vocals. He sounded like Sepultura. =P Anywhoo, Scream Bloody Gore was teh only true, pure death metal album but the later ones were more thrashy, but still death metal.

The reason I got Metallica was to test out good thrash. I got some Pantera before and I wasn't too pleased, but since I heard Master of Puppets was THE best thrash album I wanted to give it a try. :)

Kreator rocks. I don't have their latest album but I plan on getting.

What about Viva Emptiness by Katatonia? I'm not hearing too many pleasent things about it...

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
i never saw you at the nevermore forum...why's that?

If you're asking me, I don't relaly like forums. This one looked nice enough and seeing as I'm utterly obsessed with Opeth I checked it out. :D

i was intrested in hearing Opeth, cause i wanted to hear them but no one out here has any of there cds and im on a 56k so d/l a song would be the death of me. so despite what my parents said i d/l all there cds in a span if 3 days. they became my fav band its because of Cannibal Corpse that i like them....how??? The No Remorse cover....that was so cool. i never like death vox until i heard that song